Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edelbrock QuickSilver Carb

Ok thanks and with my mods(powerbomb header,revbox,etc.) and maybe a 416 someday what kind of power should I expect out of this?What kind of power should I expect out of it right when I put it on? Please describe. Thank you very much!
    BEWARE OF ADAM MILLER HE IS A THIEF

i'll let u know wen i get mine together.........
    team hoser
    2004 yfz 450
    trackside performance
    rath racing
    Leo Vince exhaust
    four/oneal gear
    Elka suspension
    Janssen motorsports

Originally posted by fast400ex03''
    i had the edlebrock carb on my 400 but it sucked it would pop and make the quad very hard to start becouse it took away the choke you should juss get ur stock carb it will pay off and i maid more power with my stock on jetted then the edelbrock!
    NO CHOKE??? mine has a choke unless urs was the older version all of the new ones have a choke its not in the best spot but its there be ready to burn the crap outta your knuckles when you reach for it
    2003 400ex modded
    1999 300m tinted, lots of bass
    1996 ZR2 teal and lifted
    1995 camaro modded.....
    2000 440ex sold
    1997 300ex sold

I have the Eichner. I no longer have a choke either. I think it runs great. Then again the coldest start I have to worry about is 50 degrees.

I will admit, however that I've had some back fire, but you just have to adjust it a little.

The main thing I don't like about them is everything ive rode with one the throttle is extremly stiff. The second the throw is a lot longer, and helps wear your hand out even quicker. Third to get the things to open up all the wayy you pretty much gotta grind a hole in the side stock throttle assembly or, get a warrior throttle opens up a lot more but makes it even stiffer. I also feel its easier to jet a stock or fcr carb then it is to tune in the edelbrock.

I've had both edelbrocks and and a 39 and 41mm fcr. And would take a fcr over the edelbrock 10 times out of 10.

Originally posted by K_Fulk
    The main thing I don't like about them is everything ive rode with one the throttle is extremly stiff. The second the throw is a lot longer, and helps wear your hand out even quicker. Third to get the things to open up all the wayy you pretty much gotta grind a hole in the side stock throttle assembly or, get a warrior throttle opens up a lot more but makes it even stiffer. I also feel its easier to jet a stock or fcr carb then it is to tune in the edelbrock.

I've had both edelbrocks and and a 39 and 41mm fcr. And would take a fcr over the edelbrock 10 times out of 10.
    YEP!!! I even bought a $100 moose throttle housing to get mine opened up. I ended up putting about 30 mins on the carb, 20 of which was with a twist throttle which I about killed myself with. Anyway I LOVED the FCR 39mm. Cant beat it.
    " Determination is the strength needed to succeed."

quicksilver carb

JUST SOLD MY EDELBROCK CARB FOR MY 440 TO STIFF .WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A FCR 39MM WORKS BETTER THAN THE EDELBROCK . ROAD IT FOR THE FRIST TIME LAST WEEKEND IN COOS BAY RACED MY FRIENDS YFZ 450 AND BEAT HIM BUY 10 FEET . JUST KEEPS ON BUILDING POWER.

I like my edelbrock, taking out that little piece out of the thumb throttle was no big deal, but then again I have a bridgeport in my garage
    About the choke, I believe they all, mine included, has what they call an "enrichener" I've always had to use it for starting at anything below like 60 degrees.
    00 400ex
    03 600rr
    99 SX 500
    05 F150
    99 XJ

Yea when I got my 416 it already had the edelbrock on it and it is extremely stiff compared to my brothers stock carb. I just thought that I needed to put a new cable on it. When I did that there was hardly any difference. I know it is supposed to give you more power, but my first race this year, I got the holeshot and I guess since I had been practicing so much before the race, my thumb got to the point, where I couldn't move the throttle any more. And I ended up getting last. It sucked. I've been thinking about getting one of the FCR carbs because of how good I heard they were, but I didn't know if I did get one if it would make it easier to push the throttle. Does anyone know?
    08 YFZ

Originally posted by 416HiRoller
    but I didn't know if I did get one if it would make it easier to push the throttle. Does anyone know?
    The fcr would be way better there comparable to the stockers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast