Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quad for the Wife???

Quad for the Wife???

I need to get a quad for the wife next month. I am planning buying new from the dealership. I had a 2001 Blaster awhile back and she rode it a few times and loved it. She did have a little trouble shifting and kick starting. I think she would do fine on another Blaster but I really want her to have electric start and possibly auto clutch or tranny.

Which is best, Im buying at www.procycleusa.com so I will include their listed prices......

2004 Blaster $2499
    2005 Raptor 350 $3999
    2005 TRX250EX $2999
    2005 TRX300EX $3999

Price is very important!

300ex,z250,250ex,raptor 350...etc

sounds like she may be perfect for a 250ex maybe? they dont have much power at all, but are an easy quad to ride and are definatly fun
    2005 TRX450r

I read a little more about the 250EX. It sounds like the way to go, I think the electric start and auto clutch will be perfect for her. How do they compare speed and power wise to the Blaster? Can you do a wheelie on them (yes I know you can do a wheelie on anything if you try hard enough)?

Who out there has a 250EX and has spanked a Blaster, and with what mods???

Thanks.....

a blaster will walk all over that thing

250ex...

I'm getting a 250ex and this is going to be my first quad. I've heard a few stories of some kids beating blasters on a 250ex. But its kinda hard to beat one in a drag race. It can DEFFINATELY keeps up with the blaster on trails and other stuff like that. A stock 250ex goes 51.9 MPH. I read the speed in a dirtwheels review, they clocked it with a speed gun. And if you want to go FASTER POWROLL make a big bore kit that gives it a 20cc bonus. So stock the 250ex has 229cc's and with the Powroll big bore kit it will have 249cc's!!!! So whenever your wife gets tired of the speed on the quad she can wake it up and go faster! Don't for get you can also jet it and some other engine mods to make it go even faster than the big bore itself would make you go. Also the 250ex features a 35 watt headlight. The only advantage Suzuki Z 250 woul have is better suspension and a slightly higher top speed stock. The Z 250 also has a 40 watt headlight. The only thing its doesn't carry with it is the reliability of HONDA. The 250ex has bigger tires in the back, but you prolly won't need to worrry about that because you prolly take the stock tires off and put some holeshots on.

hope that helps!!
    James

(SOLD)2005 yellow 400ex
    PEP clutch lever with moose perch
    pro taper
    baja 8 inch rims
    PB block off
    Powermadd handguards
    Turf Tamers in back
    kenda klaws in front.
    HMF pipe
    Twin Air airfilter
    Hotcam stage 1
    g-force axle
    13t front 40 tooth rear sprocket.
    PEP shocks with big cans

AIM - honda250ex04

"no one is a virgin, life screws us all".

TOOL

im out of this sport

the 250ex is a wheely machine. ive beet a blaster with my 250ex but thats cause the kid drivin it didnt know what he was doin he kept stallin and stuff but after he had rode it for about a month he whooped me easy

i would go w/ the raptor 350 if i were you. the 250 ex just isnt enough power for her, although it has the auto clutch it is pewny compared to the others listed.

no offense to anyone else ... just my opinion.
    2001 blaster

I really think the 250EX will work great! She will actually be faster on it because she wont have to mess with the clutch. She will have a much easier time keeping up with me in the trails with the auto clutch. I just need to make sure I carry a tow strap for when she gets it stuck in a mud hole!

Her best friend wants a Quad now, so if she cant keep up with the boys she will have someone to ride slow with!

If she doesn't like to mess with the clutch then an automatic chutch is the way to go, but shifting is still a must. If the clutch isn't the problem them go with what she will fell comfortable riding, as for me I bought my Wife a 250EX because for one she has never reid any motorized bike before, now she loves going out with us (the whole Family) and ride all day.
    04 TRX450R Mines (slightly MODed)
    05 TRX250EX Wifes (Stock)
    06 TRX250EX Sons (Stock)

Ride til you cant ride anymore!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast