Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: axle nut

axle nut

Ok I'm just curious what all of you do to make your axle nut stay TIGHT!!?? I have problems w/ mine coming loose ALL THE TIME right now I can't afford one of the fancy ones, I wish I could

Any suggestions?? I have tried duct tape but that was @ the dunes so of course it didn't last long LOL
    Back to the ol' Kodiak 4x4 but at least it's a quad!
    00' 426ex
    04' YFZ450
    05' Kasea 70

Better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime!

i just snug up the inner nut, then get a 2 foot long pipe wrench and tighten the outernut as much as i can, i also use some loctite, but dont use to much. if you use too much loctite, it crystalizes and wont do anything
    Planning a comeback...

Originally posted by bradley300
    i just snug up the inner nut, then get a 2 foot long pipe wrench and tighten the outernut as much as i can, i also use some loctite, but dont use to much. if you use too much loctite, it crystalizes and wont do anything

Use the Blue loctite and you dount half to worry about it not coming apart when wating to take it apart
    2006 Honda 300EX
    2008 Honda 450R

God is good. all the time

mine came all the way loose during a ride once so me and my dad got a big pipe wrench, tightend up the inner nut and then tighened up the lock nut on the outside. it has been in perfect working order since then.
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

Hmm well maybe mine is worn out cuz we've tightened & tighened it & it STILL comes loose POS guess might have to throw down some $ for a aftermarket one!!
    Back to the ol' Kodiak 4x4 but at least it's a quad!
    00' 426ex
    04' YFZ450
    05' Kasea 70

Better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime!

worst town I've ever lived in... Spencer,OH
    I bought a used durablue(I think) lock nut off of here for around $25. Worth the investment to me. The stock one makes a nice paper weight for the shop/garage.
    I am now quadless...

try to use the blue loctite befor u buy a aftermarket one. i dount see how it could be worn out
    2006 Honda 300EX
    2008 Honda 450R

God is good. all the time

Originally posted by big bad beny
    try to use the blue loctite befor u buy a aftermarket one. i dount see how it could be worn out
    well if it keeps coming loose and you keep tightening it, the threads could get worn out and not work to full capacity.
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

i am having the same problem with my 300 but ,y axle was like really loose before and i took it all apart changed the bearings and now the nut is really tight but the brake disc and axle are still loose what should i do help
    gettin a 250r gonna be great compared to my 300ex ooooooooo ya baby

what i did is i tightend the nut tight as possible then take duct tape and put it as close as you can to the nut it holds it on relly really good
    Urbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast