Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any youngsters riding 250ex's?

any youngsters riding 250ex's?

hey,my little bro who is going to be 11 in august is currently riding a trx 90. he handles it perfect and he will probably outgrow it soon. he has ridden a 300ex before and suprisingly he didnt do that bad, other than being too small. i want to get him something that he can grow into and have some fun and the 250ex seems perfect. anyone out there riding a 250 under the age of 12?

my 12 year old sister rides my 250ex and handles it just fine. if youre brother can do all right on a 300ex he can handle a 250ex.how big is he?

hes about 80 pounds almost 5ft i think itll be great for him then after a few years he can get my dads 400

yah hes big enuf and it should last him awhile.

Perfect ATV ;)

Yea a 250ex is a great ATV for him! I'm getting a 250ex this May or June. This will be my first quad but it will be the best and I know that because I've ridden countless quads and over half of them were bigger than a 250ex. I only didn't like the more powerful quads because It's miserable when you have a quad and can barely handle it.
    James

(SOLD)2005 yellow 400ex
    PEP clutch lever with moose perch
    pro taper
    baja 8 inch rims
    PB block off
    Powermadd handguards
    Turf Tamers in back
    kenda klaws in front.
    HMF pipe
    Twin Air airfilter
    Hotcam stage 1
    g-force axle
    13t front 40 tooth rear sprocket.
    PEP shocks with big cans

AIM - honda250ex04

"no one is a virgin, life screws us all".

TOOL

im out of this sport

250ex

I'm 14.. and i'm about 5'11" tall and I recently went riding with a bunch of buddies and i was on a friends 250ex..its a nice quad except for i don't like they way the transmission handles when ur tryin to shift it fast .. i think for ur lil bro it would b fine for another couple of years..

im 5'9, 175 and my 250ex hauls me around just fine, but i DEFFENTLY want more, but ive had it for 3 or so years. at his age and size i think it is perfect for him. also if you dont want him going full throttle just yet, you can put smaller rear tires on it and it will make it go a little slower but give it more bottom end.
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

17 year old on 250ex

hey whats goin on.. i have a 2003 250 ex and its honestly all you need for the trails, if you slap some aftermarket tires, an exhaust, KN air filter and other little performance products your 250ex it will keep up fine with other quads. mine has a top speed of about 55 and it wheelies amazingly. it jumps well too but dont do too much jumping or you will end up like me with a messed up axle. i do wish i went with a 400ex now though, becuase i have outgrown the power output. i hope this helps.. peace
    2003 Yellow 250ex (mine)

-DG V-Pro Front Bumper
    -DG Fat Series Nerf Bars
    -K&N air filter, w/ Outerwears prefilter
    -Dynojet Jet Kit
    - White Brothers E-series slip on
    -ITP holeshot XCT's with T-9 rims
    -Scott grips
    -DG grab bar

2002 Honda Rancher 350ES (dads)
    (stock)

Re: 250ex

Originally posted by Honda 250X 91
    I'm 14.. and i'm about 5'11" tall and I recently went riding with a bunch of buddies and i was on a friends 250ex..its a nice quad except for i don't like they way the transmission handles when ur tryin to shift it fast .. i think for ur lil bro it would b fine for another couple of years..
    you might want to learn how to shift. seriously, if you have a problem shifting a 250ex, you need some help.
    Respect is earned, never given.

2002 250ex- SOLD.

Creator of the 250EX Performance FAQ. For 250ex headwork and various porting , please email me at flyinryanporting@gmail.com

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

hey remeber in my last post I said I was getting a 250ex this May or June? Well I just got my 250ex last wendsday and I love it!!! It is great on gas! I already put almost 15 hours on it!

I have a question. Does anyone think 15 hours is a long enough break-in time? or should I go 20 hours just incase?
    James

(SOLD)2005 yellow 400ex
    PEP clutch lever with moose perch
    pro taper
    baja 8 inch rims
    PB block off
    Powermadd handguards
    Turf Tamers in back
    kenda klaws in front.
    HMF pipe
    Twin Air airfilter
    Hotcam stage 1
    g-force axle
    13t front 40 tooth rear sprocket.
    PEP shocks with big cans

AIM - honda250ex04

"no one is a virgin, life screws us all".

TOOL

im out of this sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast