Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best rear tires for stock 400ex?

Best rear tires for stock 400ex?

I need tires badly. Went through 2 rear sets of ohatsu spl? Anyway, I need something thick like at least 4 ply. Anyone know if bear claws are good? Im not worried about racing. I ride in really rought terrain. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just bought a pair of 20-11-9 6 ply razors for my 300 and even though i only have about 7 or 8 hours on them they arn't showing much sign of wear. I would highly recomend these because they hook up great and have more side bite than the stock 400 tires (which i previously had). They also work good in slightly muddy conditions.

I agree........razors.

or you could try bandits.

or the new Kenda desert dog or bulldog

or realtors

or spidertracs

or woolyboogers

do they still make 20" blackwaters?
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

I would highly recommend the 6-ply Razrs as well. I ride in rough terrain as well and love them. I got the 22's and they have some great ground clearance. If you ride rocky terrain, I would not go any other way.
    2003 Walsh MX Cannondale
    2002 MX Cannondale
    2002 XC Cannondale
    1986 Honda ATC250R - Bone Stock
    1985 Honda ATC250SX - Bone Stock
    2000 Custom Softail..230 rear tire+96 inches of S&S =

go with the maxxis all-traks.

thanks!

Im looking into it. Only problem, arent the razors for racing? Its a flat tire? I dont see how you could get good grip on heard terrain. Seems like too many knobs almost? Anyway, Im going to check around for prices. I know that the Bear Claws by kenda are pretty good, but big. They are cheap too though. Maybe I just have to buy and try. See what works best?

Re: thanks!

Originally posted by rips#!tup
    Im looking into it. Only problem, arent the razors for racing? Its a flat tire? I dont see how you could get good grip on heard terrain. Seems like too many knobs almost? Anyway, Im going to check around for prices. I know that the Bear Claws by kenda are pretty good, but big. They are cheap too though. Maybe I just have to buy and try. See what works best?

where in pa are you from??

i owuld check out 20" Blackwaters and 20" Realtors, i got a chance to ride 2 400EX's with these tires, and they were unstopable
    kc

ummm

I cant reveal that til those terrorists are caught. I don't trust anyone at this point in time.

Where can I find pics of the razors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast