Thread: whats 300ex worth

whats 300ex worth

hi im lookin at a 2003 300ex. it runs great and mechanically is in great shape. its been rolled and what not though, basically beat. the plastics are cracked, handlebars a little bent and headlight twisted. i could get it for 1500 cash, possibly less, is this a good deal. also would it be worth it to fix it up quick and sell it, cause thats what i want to do. thanx
    also it might need tires.

Sounds like a descent deal! I wouldnt reccomend fixing up a 300ex and selling it though..money just isnt there for a 300ex anymore.

i bought my 03 for 3200 but uhhh not sure sounds like its pretty well beat it to death???
    Mike

06 450R

Wanted: +1 steering stem, 1 1/8 bar mount, Pro Armor or Factory 43 nerf bars, under 96 db exhaust system, used set of beadlock rears

Ya that is a pretty good deal...i would probley do it.But i would't sell it i would just fix it up and ride/race it
    trx450R

http://southeastriders.net/

msn: colton_honda5@hotmail.com

If it was rolled hard , you should make dang sure the frame is okay. A twisted frame can make is steer funny and cause cracks in the gas tank and in engine case. Replacing engine cases cost big bucks to fix. Look it over with a fine tooth comb. Check for cracks in the frame, swingarm and engine. If the engine is leaking oil, I would be sure and pass on the deal. I've never seen an 03 for $1500 but we found an 01 that was mint for that price.

My advice is make a list of everything that is wrong with it and see what it will cost to fix it. It could be cheaper to go buy a new one. On the other hand, you could get lucky.

Best of luck!
    Visit
    http://www.jandjracing.com (Thousands of race photos)

I ride a 400ex, my wife rides a Wolverine, my son mx races a 300ex, my nephew races a KFX450, my sister in-law rides a Eiger, my father in-law rides a 400ex and my mother in-law drive a Rhino. So ATV's are a family thing for us.