Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: banshee/250ex shock

banshee/250ex shock

ive heard that a banshee front shock will work as the rear shock on a 250ex. is there any truth to that?

?

I don't have an answer but if thats true that would be wicked awsome to put on a 250ex. Only if the shocks are better I might wat to try that but it may cost some cash 2 get it put in and if this whole thing is true anyone got an estimate on how much it could cost 2 have it put in. But like I said ONLY if the shocks are better.
    James

(SOLD)2005 yellow 400ex
    PEP clutch lever with moose perch
    pro taper
    baja 8 inch rims
    PB block off
    Powermadd handguards
    Turf Tamers in back
    kenda klaws in front.
    HMF pipe
    Twin Air airfilter
    Hotcam stage 1
    g-force axle
    13t front 40 tooth rear sprocket.
    PEP shocks with big cans

AIM - honda250ex04

"no one is a virgin, life screws us all".

TOOL

im out of this sport

it bolts up but the shock is not masde for the rear
    the rear shock shaft is alot thicker than the front

also i heard that the shock is very soft when put on the rear 250ex shock
    Greg Watts
    GNCC
    IATVHSS #314
    OXC
    A Class
    2006 450ER/R
    2005 450R
    2011 Sponsors- BNR Motorsports, HiPer, PowerMadd, FW Carbon, Traxx Performance

what kind of rear shock would be best if the banshee thing doesnt work out?

Originally posted by Quiksilver01
    what kind of rear shock would be best if the banshee thing doesnt work out?
    Might want to Look on ebay for a used works. Or if moneys not a problem Just contace Elka and buy a brand new one!
    2006 White Suzuki LTR450 - Cherry Bomb - SOLD

97' BMW ///M3

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360918

E-mail - fastandthefurious67(at)msn.com

heres the deal i had one on mine i weigh about 160 or so and i had to put the spring on the stiffest level.. i thought it worked great.. it was alot softer and did good on jumps too.. i hat the stock suspension b/c it was to stiff so this was a great mod i guess you could say.. i recomind it for people 170 and under...bots right up i had no problems i ran it for about 6 months before i put mine back to stock to try to sell
    08 ltr450 le cherry bomb, uni,Full Duncan exhaust,pro tapper,rock nerfs,motorsport bumper

01 440ex Girlfriends bike , +2+1 a-arms, uni filter, chm slip on,white bros header ac bumper, 440 kit 12:1, hd head studs, nerfs,rad lock nut,westcost carrier,450r carb,stage 2 hot cam, eca break block off, 450r swing arm,450r rear brake set up,tcs revalved rear shock

Re: banshee/250ex shock

Originally posted by Quiksilver01
    ive heard that a banshee front shock will work as the rear shock on a 250ex. is there any truth to that?
    that has to be one of the most pointless questions i have ever read.
    2001 blaster

not everyone can be as cool as you

ive herd about it, but i dont think its a good idea. just look at how big the coils on a rear shock are, and the coils on a front shock are. the rear coils are alot bigger and ment to be on the back becuase more weight is in the back while riding. putting a front shock on the back of a quad isnt a good idea IMO.
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

works perfect except if ur a fat *** over 250lb..why dont u try it and see for urself
    08 ltr450 le cherry bomb, uni,Full Duncan exhaust,pro tapper,rock nerfs,motorsport bumper

01 440ex Girlfriends bike , +2+1 a-arms, uni filter, chm slip on,white bros header ac bumper, 440 kit 12:1, hd head studs, nerfs,rad lock nut,westcost carrier,450r carb,stage 2 hot cam, eca break block off, 450r swing arm,450r rear brake set up,tcs revalved rear shock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast