Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!...Sport or Sport Utility atv?

Find out what type of trails your going to be riding otherwise you won't make a good choice. I have both Rincon and 450R, I ride the 450 on the same trails as Rincon I just stay away from big hills and spots where I can't turn around(no reverse on the 450). The kfx/z400 is a great choice I go through mud all the time on purpose. The biggest prob you'll have is your rear getting stuck where the 4x4s went deep. Good luck.

if fun fast trail riding on a utility quad is what you are after, it's very hard to pass up the shear power & sport handling of the 700 Prairie... my next choice would be the new 650 Brute Force... which is basically a 700 Prairie, with the new Brute Force plastic, & an easy to hop up 650 motor... they are pricing the 650 Brutes as a 500cc class quad, & it's one of the best deals out there... Next, the 500 Vinsion I've been very impressed with the fun factor of them, also the 500 Scrambler... IMO, any of these quads will put a permanent smile on your face...

there are lots of good smaller utility's but IMO, these quads listed here are where its at...
    2002 ( now ) 750cc Prairie... to many mods & tires to list here...

If you're not making dust, You're eating dust...

They are totally two different machines. My friend just went through this dilemma and he bought the BF750. For fast trails go with the sport quad because they are more fun and a lot lighter.
    If you are riding where the trails are tight and really rocky and muddy go with the 4x4! It's only money buy both problem solved. lol!
    04 450r, DRG powerplant! 2 much 2 list don't be scared

ive got a Dvx400 (same as kfx/z) and i trail ride with it, ive never had any problems with it getting stuck, never had it in any deep mud tho either, ive had it in deep enough mud to drag the swinger and as long as i had some momentum it pushed right through it, if i were to stop in the mud i would be done for tho, id go with the kfx, they are a pretty good trail machine IMO
    '04 DVX400-Full skids, Bumper and nerfs
    ID RATHER HAVE A SISTER IN A WHORE HOUSE THAN A BROTHER IN A FORD!!!!

My opinion.....

Do a little research.. buy what you "think" you want.. but buy it USED. That way when you get some seat time and 6 months down the road you wish you had another quad.. you can resell the one you have for only about a $100-$200 dollar loss. (1 day rental fee) And, buy a used one of what you really will want.

Just my opinion. I think you'd like the wolverine.. like the others have said.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

get the Z they are so much more fun

buy used, and just get one of each that way you know your gonna be happy!
    2011 GNCC Sport Class Champion

i would get the vinson, even though the kawi is good at climbing, the vinson has 4x4, and has all more round power, just put a lift kit on it, and u got yourself a machine on your hands

I'd get a Rancher. I love mine for trail riding.
    It's a Boy! Born February 23rd, 2006!
    *Future Rider*
    It's A Girl! Born July 26th, 2007!
    *Future Rider*

2003 Orange Honda Rancher ES 4x4
    2002 Green Honda Foreman

Go with the kawi unless you like taking things at a slower pass. The kfx will pretty much go anywhere and do anything the utilety ones will without all the wieght. Also when you get a chance to run them open nothing bets the feeling of a sport quad.

I would recomend the wolverine also. Its a great cross between the two evils. You could take it to the dunes and have a awesome day and the next bury it under 2 feet of mud. Plus it still gives you the feeling of a sport quad. (light and agile)

Like someone said earlier mud has more to do with rider than machine. I take my little 250ex trail riding because its guick agile and light. Ive had it up to almost the gas tank in mud and just simply rocking side to side will get it out of most spots.

Go to your local dealer and try a couple quads out even in the parking lot to get a feeling for how they ride and what your really going to like.

Good luck on the purchase. Hope you end up with best suits you.
    Today is a day for sleep, tomorrow a day for
    work and the weekend for reckoning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast