Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stumped!..A few Predator Questions

Thumbs down Stumped!..A few Predator Questions

Ok, I got the battery fully charged, checked all connections everything seems to be fine. But, the thing is when you touch the starter button nothings happens. Another thing when i took the side plate off on the left side, were the magneto is, there was oil in there, not sure if there supposed to be or not.

On another forum someone said it may be a fuse, can anyone tell me were the fuses are on the predator?

Also, right after the started stopedd working, it would bump start (pull it behind another quad, and pop it in gear) I'm wondering if a fuse was bad, would it still "bump start"

Can anyone help me
    2003 Predator
    Hmf Slip-on, Black Rims w/ Titian 489's, Shaved Fenders, Dynojet kit, Skids Plus "wide" Grab Bar.

5.926@53.58 In the 300ft...

Ok, this might sound lame but it has happened on two preds. So bear with me,

On the left side ( starter button side ) of handle bars cut or zip ties and re plug in the connections to the starter button, the zip ties are causing the wires to come unplugged.

Tell me if I am right

make that 3 preds, happend on mine too
    "You say that I sin, You say I'm bound for hell, but once your judgement condemns you, I shall see you there."

----Georgia Southern University
    -Logistics & Intermodal Trans.
    Sinkhole Customs(choppers and 4X4)-mechanic/fabricator

sinkholecustoms.com

-Bronze level Honda technician

Mine too

I have had intermittent bad connections at the starter button itself. Had to take it apart and clean inside.
    The Golden Rule : Do on to others before they do on to you!

Bone stock 03TLD Predator...for now.

Re: Stumped!..A few Predator Questions

Originally posted by smokin_fst_pred
    Ok, I got the battery fully charged, checked all connections everything seems to be fine. But, the thing is when you touch the starter button nothings happens. Another thing when i took the side plate off on the left side, were the magneto is, there was oil in there, not sure if there supposed to be or not.

On another forum someone said it may be a fuse, can anyone tell me were the fuses are on the predator?

Also, right after the started stopedd working, it would bump start (pull it behind another quad, and pop it in gear) I'm wondering if a fuse was bad, would it still "bump start"

Can anyone help me
    on my 300ex, i routinely blew the starter fuse. the starter would not work, but it would bump start
    Planning a comeback...

I am afraid to say it might be your 1 way bearing, did u notice a drag when trying to start before this happened.

Do some searches on one-way bearings or flywheel bolts and do some catching up, the 8 bolts that hold on the flywheel or backing out and breaking, ( change oil to see if metal shavings ) anyway Polaris is replacing parts for free even if out of warranty, the new flywheel bolts have different part number and have a locking agent on them such as locktite. Good luck

UPDATE:

ok, i hook the truck to the battery with the with jumper cables, four wheeler to truck batter..and it started...i even tried charging the battery and it will not hold charge, so im think its the battery..

Any other sugestions?
    2003 Predator
    Hmf Slip-on, Black Rims w/ Titian 489's, Shaved Fenders, Dynojet kit, Skids Plus "wide" Grab Bar.

5.926@53.58 In the 300ft...

have you check your rectifier ?
    2003 Pred Graydon Nerfs-Jet Trim seat cover-armadillo bumper-w/b pipe-pure polaris blk plastics-trail tech clamp w/t light's-blk renthals 1/18 fattys- w/b cdi-w/b foam filter- 13-14-15 front sprocket- +4 aero swingarm- +3rath mx hubs- 21x11x8..8 paddle skat track haulers- 21x7x10 sand stars runners.....pred tuned and dyno by white brothers!!

get a new battery and start the tests all over again!
    06 LTR (White):ATP Racing Engines Port and Polish, +1 Ti exhaust valves, JE 14:1 Piston, Hotcams Intake cam, Power Commander, FuelATV intake, Full HMF Ironman series exhaust, Hinson Clutch Basket, Hinson Clutch Plates, Blue Laker Custom Plastics, QuadTech Hump seat, Blue Tag "Railer" skid plate, Fasst Co. flex bars, ASV F3 Pro Clutch perch w/ lever, ASV F3 Brake lever, Precision Steering Stabilizer, Walsh long travel front end, Fox Evol front shocks, Fox Poduim X rear shock w/ DSC, GT Thunder Linkage, Streamline Brake Lines front & rear, Motion Pro clutch cable, Rath Graphics kit, Rath Anti-Vibe Stem, black Rath bumper, black Rath grab bar, black Rath competition nerf bars/heel guards, Hipers with Maxxis Razr MX's or itp bajas all around p/c gloss black, kenda klaws, Lonestar Axcalibur axle, BCS Shift Pin, Blue CV4 hoses, Relocator, updog # backings, srp case saver, lots of powdercoating!!... and a few more things to come!

Thanks to this year's sponsors: Rath Racing, HMF Exhaust, FuelATV, Fly Racing, and Western Power Sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast