Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stripped gears

stripped gears

my friend has a 2003 z400. He stripped the gears in his transmission the other day but doesnt know how he did it. He said he tried to go in every gear even reverse and it wouldnt move. I'm thinkin its the clutch but if it is the gears how much would it be to fix it. I hope its the clutch because if it is i'm going to buy it from him for REALLY cheap and put a new clutch in it.

I can't say for SURE. But it definetly sounds like a clutch to me..... Cant go anywhere without one of them.
    kc

thats what i'm thinkin because it would take a lot of talent (or lack of it) to strip every gear in the transmission

Its probley the clutch ive fried mine 2 times already and mine did the same thing lol

awesome. if it is the clutch i can buy it real cheap because he thinks it'll be real costly to fix it but its just the clutch. so i'll buy it fix it and have FUN!!
    what do you think a fair price would be if the gears are stripped. and if the gears are stripped how much would it cost to fix it.

So you are going to lie to him!
    Ha! What a friend.
    05' Z400
    gusset/pc, renthal bars, pro design kill switch, IMS nerfs/bumper, k&n w/ outerwares, modified air box, full system HMF, graphics coming soon!

well he's not really a friend more like an aquantance (sp?). but we have gone to school together for quite a few years.

clutch.
    he'll certainly tell the story to someone who will say he was ripped off. it will come back to haunt you.
    I thought we have moved beyond the days of mechanics who lie and cheat just to line their pockets. apparently not.
    A crowded elevater smells quite a bit different to a midget.

who said anything about a mechanic. i'm just lookin for a cheap quad. if he wants to sell it cheap because he thinks its royally screwed im not gonna tell him otherwise.

because u are a gay janitor and like to rip off friends
    KFX400- Hmf Ballence Pro exhaust, Prodesign proflow kit, intake and exhaust hotcams, valve springs, HD cam chain, dg bumper, nerfbars, shockcovers, razr 2's on itp bajas and much more
    300ex- big gun revbox durablue axle, supertrapp race exhaust, (fmf powercore 4 back up), dyno jet kit, k&n, outerwear, brake blockoff, kfx400 front bumper, dg grabbar, dg nerfbars, tag x5 handlebars, itp baja rims on maxxis razr 2 tires, shock wears, geared
    BLASTER-itp blackwater tires, trenga porting and polishing, bored .20 over, trenga manifold, vitos reed spacer, trenga 30 mill carb, trenga carb adapter, k&n, trenga dual line hydralic brakes, trinity expansion chamber with fmf powercore 2 silencer. (didnt like fmfs expansion chamber. runs too hot), new chain, new bearings all around, new bushings, fresh flat black frame, and suspension paint.

if u have a quad other then a 450 and are sick of 450 riders telling u to get a 450 copy and paste this into your profile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast