Thread: Chroming 450R?

Chroming 450R?

Does anyone know of any good places to purchase 450R Chrome parts? Or how much it would cost to chrome out the 450R like how some guys do their street bikes? I'm wanting to chrome mine out here pretty soon and I was wondering how much it would cost and where to get it done? I know alot of you guys are thinking what for, because I'm just going to get all muddy. But I rarely ride in mud and I just want that shine rather than that ugly stock gray color on my frame and parts. Any suggestions?

well if i was you...id have the frame sandblasted and powdercoated to get rid of that stock color....chrome will rust....and chrome is alot of extra weight thats not needed...maybe polish your subframe and powdercoat your frame
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

P.m. POPO about your chroming needs,I am sure he can hook you up.

Should you have your bike frame nickel/chrome plated you will want to specify a few things. The nickel plate should be duplex consisting of semi bright & bright nickel. This will give you added corrosion protection for outside use. The total nickel thickness of the two deposits should be a minimum of 30 micrometers with approximately 2/3 of this being semi bright. The remaining 1/3 of the nickel deposit (bright nickel) provides the shine. Finally specify the chrome over nickel application to have a minimum thickness of 0.25 micrometers.

Make sure you gusset or do any welding on your frame before the chroming is done. Welding chromed parts does not work that great.

2004 TRX 450R: HRC KIT, Hiper Technology Front and Rear Wheels, Hiper Mud Covers, ITP Holeshot GNCC Tires (22/7-10 F & 20/11-9 R), ASV Rotator Clamp (F/Brake), Magura Hydraulic Clutch Kit, Hinson Clutch Cover, Lonestar E-Brake Block Off Plate, Sidewinder Chain and Sprockets, Duncan Case Saver, Pro-Design Kill Switch, DG Fat Series Belly Plate, Curtis Sparks Filter Kit, HMF QRS Exhaust System, Outerwear Filter cover, Acerbis Rally II Hand Gaurds, Pro Graph-X Number Plates, ARS-FX + 2" Steering Stem, Precision Steering Stabilizer, Fasst Flexx Bars, Scott Huricane Grips, QuadTech Carbon Hood, QuadTech Carbon Rear Brake Resovoir Gaurd, PRM Baja Grab Bar, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper, ARS-FX Long Travel XC Swing-Arm and Shock Linkage, GoodRidge USA Braided Front and Rear Brake Line, Custom Axis Rear Shock, ARS-FX Long Travel XC Front End, Custom Axis Triple Adjust Remote Resovoir Front Shocks w/ Titanium Springs, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerf Bars, IMS Oversize Fuel Tank w/ Dry Break.

Special Thanks to Tyler and MSI Racing, Tim Brady and Custom Axis Racing Shocks, Scott Owens and Scott U.S.A

OMA Nationals Pro Rider #33