Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody got a 01, 02 foreman 450 ES?

anybody got a 01, 02 foreman 450 ES?

anybody round here got a 01-02 foreman 450 es? my dad is thinkin seriously about getting one, he is just wondering what is the opinions of people that have them with the traxlok and all that good stuff. so tell me whatcha think about them!
    2001 Red 400ex, white brothers E-series slip on, Razr 2 rears, raz'r fronts, 155 jetting, renthals, shockwears, k&n filter, graydon proline nerf bars, graydon proline front bumper,

350 Rancher ES

97 Tacoma - 6cyl, 3.5" fabtech lift, 33's

85 4runner - 8" lift, 38.5" Swamper SX's, 9,000 lb Winch, gears, locked front and rear

My good riding buddy has a 350es. I know there not the same machine but he has nothing but good things to say about it. Same good ol' Honda reliability!
    SOLD
    2003 KFX400...Elka, LSR, BIGGUN, 909, AC, holeshot mx, Tamers.

the '02's are the first ones to have the traxlok on them. I suggest your friendly local dealer.
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

Thumbs up reply

My friend just got a 2002 450ES. He loves it because he says it is great in the mud and for hunting. He got a huge big wheel kit on it. I would definitely get one, I is a great quad!
    2002 Cannondale Cannibal
    2001 Arctic Cat 250-Warn 2000 lbs. winch

The es has a bit of a reputation though of not shifting well. I would go with the ever reliable s model, unless he has a missing left leg, and cant shift with it.
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

I haven't read anything on the "traxlok" system...I'm assuming it is a locking differental??
    SOLD
    2003 KFX400...Elka, LSR, BIGGUN, 909, AC, holeshot mx, Tamers.

Actually, it is just the opposite. It is almost the same thing as what polaris, but it is more sensitive on when to engage when in 4X4 mode.
    -Jeff

I understand the new 450ES can be shifted in & out of 4x4.
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

That is what the traxlok is.
    -Jeff

the 02 foremans have the same diff as the rancher/rubicons and they are pretty nice but my friends 00 model eats bearings left and right its not all that big of a deal but hey you gotta pay to play right!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast