Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flippin rims

flippin rims

I was just messin around with my 450r and flipped the front rims so that offset is backwards. The front end is wider now and i was jsut wondering if this is ok or not. will it hurt anything??

It puts a lot more load on your bearings and spindle. Your valve stem should be hitting the brake caliper too if you're using stock wheels.

I wouldn't do it, may be wider but will ride like crap.
    TRX450R...Pulse Charger, 12.25 HH, HotCam S2, KW valves and springs, P&P, UNI filter, airbox outterwears, Woodward fuel screw, Denton stabilizer,ProArmor K/S, Elka Elite longtravel 17" w/dual linkage, Figair airbrushed hood, Holeshot fronts, Razr II's rears, AC Propeg nerfs, +1 1/2 stem, Armidillo skids.
    And a very well modded 03 warrior, engine, suspension, etc

Try it and tell us, but you'll have to move your valve stems to the other side of the rim. You could always put them back if u dont like

all my buddies have been doing that for years. they've never had any problems with it other than flipping the valve stems around. its one of those white trash ways of doing something, but whatever works right?
    WINNING IS IN THE MIND, IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU CAN, THEN YOU NEVER WILL.

Bumpsteer
    04' 450R w/ stuff

i used to do it all the time. some drawbacks. exposed caliper for trail riding. if using stock rims you HAVE to remove and reinstall your washers from the other side for the lug nuts to work proper. valve stem needs redrilling. more stress on tie rods and steering stopper. works 100 % for certain riding. flat track , ice , sand , side hilling, but would not mx or xc with it. 2+3 offsets are cheap and work better all around

just my 2 pennies

I have heard of people using flush mount valve stems. In other words-- the stem is inside and the nozel is flush with the rim. That way you don't have to drill more holes, plug the old ones, or anything like that.
    TRX450R...Pulse Charger, 12.25 HH, HotCam S2, KW valves and springs, P&P, UNI filter, airbox outterwears, Woodward fuel screw, Denton stabilizer,ProArmor K/S, Elka Elite longtravel 17" w/dual linkage, Figair airbrushed hood, Holeshot fronts, Razr II's rears, AC Propeg nerfs, +1 1/2 stem, Armidillo skids.
    And a very well modded 03 warrior, engine, suspension, etc

Flush mount stems? Never heard of such a thing. You got any pics? That would look streamline.
    Hit the gas and grin!

2004 TRX 450Fn'R
    Lonestar Axle, LSR AntiFade Hub
    Pro Tapers, Accerbis Handguards
    Beadlocks, Razr MX'ers
    Sparks X6 Race Exhaust
    Sparks Aggresive Drop Camshaft
    Sparks Jet Kit & Filter Kit
    A/C Nerfs
    Blingstar Iron Cross Bumper
    RTC Clutch Perch, and Lever
    PRM Radiator Shrouds
    Denton Adj. Steering Dampner
    Houser +1 Steering Stem, w/Anti-Vibe
    ASR A-Arms +2w,+1F
    Elka Triple Rates (ssd) with Remote Rezzy's

lokks it's gona be on the inside
    Prescott racing 911-06 R w/HRC Houser+2s LSR axel & GT Thunder(o5). Jay30+A,6th-OPEN-A,5th Ty PROD90,8th Dyl 50lim,10th NEATV-MX sponcers,RER--MAIER--NAC'S-ELKA-SCOTT-SIGN TECH-EAST COAST CUSTOMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast