Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SCORE San Felipe 250. Feb 25-27

Next to come down the whooped out trail at 11:07am was the 15a Honda TRX 450R with their unique mexican flag plastic color schem. Ridden by Joselito Muro of National City, Ca. and Joel Aldiete. They went on to finish in 13th place with a time of 7:39:06
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the only dirt bike motor conversion quad was Arturo Romero from Imperial Beach, Ca. and Roberto Galindo from Chula Vista, Ca. Passing me at 11:08am, hey needed to make up some time on their CRF/400ex conversion. They finished in 12th place with a time of 7:24:05.
    • File Type: jpg 5a.jpg (129.1 KB, 537 views)

A couple of Class 1 buggies and trophies trucks passed by before the next ATV. were I was standing these 2 classes, were by far the fastest through. Scott McMillin, and the Terrible Herbst went by our pit at over 100 mph. Fast enough to where I was running, rather than snapping photos. But here is a unique vehicle to the Baja. Everyone involved knows just what it is.

Here is Terrible Herbst class 1 "Truggy" (half trophy truck, half buggy)

Next ATV through at 11:22am, was the 56a, TRX450R rode by Christian Valles with Mickey Mouse still hanging on.

At 11:35am number 51a, James Jordan on his raptor, in the sportsman class passed by trying to catch back up.

Here is number 59a, on his Bombardier passing by and reeling in the number 51a raptor. At this time he is 5th in his class but I am not sure if he finished. I hope so, but to make it 160 miles is an accomplishment alone.

Since most of the ATV's and Motorcyles have already passed, the other racecars, started to catch them. It is simply amazing how fast these guys drive.

At 12:01pm the 2nd place class 24 (251cc-below) came by. Unfortunately for number 102a. He would DNF.

Another Pro ATV, number 12a, on the TRX 450R came through at 12:04pm. He was the only racer I saw using the stock shocks. Jesus Marquez and Arnie Pruneda Jr. of Chula Vista, Ca. would finsh off the Pro-class in 14th place, and be the last in this class to complete the San Felipe 250. The other 3 riders that DNF'd did not make it far enough for me to get a picture of them. I wish them better luck next time.

With many of the top dollar race teams its not uncommon for them to have a helicopter following the race vehicle. This is an example of how a helicopter can help spot obsticales for its racer.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast