Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SCORE San Felipe 250. Feb 25-27

2005 SCORE San Felipe 250. Feb 25-27

This Year the SCORE San Felipe 250 was held February 25th (contengency) and the racing started bright and early February 26th at 6am for the motorcycles and quads. The trucks and buggies left two hours later at 8am.

This year the course was 240.34 miles long starting in the town circle and ending there as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

With such a long course, I was only able to capture photos as the racers passed by me at Race Mile 160.8, (RM 160.8) as I was actually helping Team McMillin with there buggies. Also at Race mile 160.8, we are about 2 hours of dirt road driving away from San Felipe so we headed out the night before to get there early. If you follow the dotted lines (these are the chase vehicle routes) up from San Felipe and out Zoo Road, then down to RM160.8, you'll see just how far we had to go

Here I an into my cousin Brett Callen who was riding the number 2a bike along with Ray Schooley, and Ray Schooley JR. A Yamaha YFZ with Epic suspension components, and Alba action backing. Here is walking the bike down through contengency showing of his sponsorship and talking with fans. In the race drawing held February 5th, his team was lucky enough to draw the first ATV starting position.

Another shot of the bike.

Along contengency row, more ATV's passed by, and I was able to get pictures of a few of them.

Here is 15a Joselito Muro of National City, Ca. and Joel Aldiete on their Mexican flag colored Honda TRX 450R

Number 56A, Sportsman class, and their 450R

More please that looks cool as he((
    No Wing, I guess you have NO WING!

Alot of thought is put into desert bikes, because of the type of racing they do. With up to 40 or 50 miles between pit stops, riders must also carry extra parts and tools to fix their own bikes incase of a break down. Here you can see 49A's front bumper storage, and his beefy a-arms

Some of the other vehicles besides the ATV's are absolutely breath taking. A trophy truck or Class 1 Buggy here can top the 250,000 thousand dollar mark to build.....

The McMillin team this year had 3 Class 1 buggies, and 1. 1/2-1600 buggy entered. Scott McMillin took 1st place this year in his class, and over all other competitors (including the motorcycles ) with a time of 3:48:06, and an average speed of 63.22mph....now that is fast.

Here is Mark McMillin's Class 1 buggy.

Along with the race vehicle, you also need pit support on a massive level. Alot of the high dollar teams also had pre-runners that were equally as expensive as there race cars. Here is a beautiful example of a nicely done pre-runner.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast