Thread: LugNuts.......

LugNuts.......

i got my new set of paddle tires today and noticed that the new rims arent like the honda ones.....can i use the stock nuts with a washer to hold on the new rims or should i just get new nuts that arent the acorn style..i hope u know what im talking about....thanks.....
    2002 400ex and a 2003 xr50

i've heard you can just flip them over, but i'm not sure.
    2002 Yellow 400ex

Body
    Renthal 14 tooth, LSR e-brake block off, Speed EZ Pull Clutch Lever, Pro Design kill switch, Renthal Handle Bars, Trail Tech Speedometer, AC Pro Pegs and Bumper, Houser +2 A-Arms, Elka Tripple Rates w/ rezzies, Elka shock covers, Razr MX's front and back, douglas ultimate beadlocks, Fastline Breaklines, Lonestar Axle.

Motor
    J&E 12.5:1 piston, custom cam, valve springs, hardened rockers, race port\polish. Yoshi pipe, K&N jet kit and air filter.

STQRA Amature #6
    My Quad Site

wait wouldnt that crossthread the nuts????????
    2002 400ex and a 2003 xr50

umm no i don't think so, all the nuts i've ever put on work both ways...
    2002 Yellow 400ex

Body
    Renthal 14 tooth, LSR e-brake block off, Speed EZ Pull Clutch Lever, Pro Design kill switch, Renthal Handle Bars, Trail Tech Speedometer, AC Pro Pegs and Bumper, Houser +2 A-Arms, Elka Tripple Rates w/ rezzies, Elka shock covers, Razr MX's front and back, douglas ultimate beadlocks, Fastline Breaklines, Lonestar Axle.

Motor
    J&E 12.5:1 piston, custom cam, valve springs, hardened rockers, race port\polish. Yoshi pipe, K&N jet kit and air filter.

STQRA Amature #6
    My Quad Site

turn the nuts backward and put washers on all of the wheel studs thats what I do.
    1989 250r, LRD silencer, Delta v-force reeds, Keihin 40.5mm PWK carb, k&n air filter, custom air shrouds, ESR 350pv big Bore cylinder, ESR head, ESR trx11 pipe, Janssen Racing Basket, AC front bumper, +4 swingarm, tag bars, Elka shocks

Wife's bike:2005 TRX450r.... Full system Yoshimura tri-oval, Hrc kit, K&N air filter

I'm assuming you bought paddle tires on either Douglas or ITP rims, which don't have the recessed counterbore for the stock lug nuts. You can still use the stock lug nuts though...just do as others have said and flip the nuts over. Just make sure you use washers under the nuts, as without them the nuts will dig into the rims and make a nasty impression in the soft aluminum. BTW, I was able to find a flange nut (also known as a collar nut that has a washer bottom surface) at Ace Hardware that works great.