Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: YFZ450 Jetting .

If it was mine I would use the same set up we all have.

SMS, I am kind of starting to think you might be right, I just hate to maybe admit defeat on what I already have!!! I will get back with you about your pm as well..Thank you very much.

Now, I talked to dynojet today, and they are the most erogant people I have ever met. I told them that everyone else is using a larger sized jet, than what they even offer. The guy says, why is that, and i tell him, most are using a 168+ main jet, and I am using a 150. He says, what is infront of the 150, and I said CJ, he then proceeds to ask what is in front of everyone elses, I say nothing. So, he tells me that is the reason, they are not the same, so leave it at that. I guess that wasn't good enough. He just said dynojet is tried and true, so why look for suggestions. That really disgusts me, to hear not to ask questions, just do what the paper says. I guess if these quads for 500 bucks, I wouldn't care, but I've got 7K in this, and can't risk tearing it up, because they don't want to compare themselves to someone else.

Morale of this story: I CJ150 Dynojet is not a typical 150, it is something completely different from what everyone else has, and cannot be compared, IM TOLD!! I guess they are venturi jets, which I understand, but i have no way of cross referencing to anyone..
    Anyone else have any luck with manufacturers like I did!!
    Thanks everyone for all of your help!

I just try to help to save everyone time and money, so they can ride!

i live in green bay wisconsin and im getting my quad set up for the winter so around 0-30 degrees. its got a powercore 4 slip on and a mega bomb header. any ideas on what i should run for jets??
    06 yfz450

04 450R SOLD!
    480 big bore kit, hot cam stage 2, Fat boy 4, uni power filter, pro taper atv hi, ac nerfs, razor mx's, cycra handguards

03 400ex SOLD!
    hmf exhaust, janssen steering stem, moose fat bars, race cut fenders, ac nerfs, mxr4's, dimond plate airbox(custom) and some more stuff i dont remember

62 pilot 175 mj fuel screw out 2 turns I like the ndsr needle 3rd clip

62 Pilot Jet?????????????
    Big B

I'm new to the jetting stuff, but I want to learn how to jet it myself and see good results. Is this a good starting kit for me? My mods are in my sig, and I'm fixin to add a 15t front sprocket on pretty soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAH...Q5fAccessories

Thanks for all the help guys
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450
    Ron Woods exhaust
    Cam mod
    CP Race Piston 94mm
    CV hoses
    RIS Designs Headlight covers
    MSR Low Bend bars
    Kenda Klaw Tires
    Lonestar A-Arms (+2 +1)
    Lonestar Axle (+2)
    Lonestar Rear Fender brackets
    Velocity Intake w/ K&N
    PEP steering stabilizer
    400EX throttle
    RIS Designs throttle, starter, & clutch covers
    EBC clutch

62 pilot is WAAAYYY too rich, I would start with a 48 and go from there.

Benny, If I were you, I would order the "NCVQ" needle and buy your jets separately (keihin jets) from your dealer or you can get them from jetsrus.com

With your mods, I would start with a 175 main, 45 pilot, NCVQ needle on the 3rd clip and 2 turns out on the screw. That will get you close.
    <Mat>

2007 YFZ 450.....with some goodies!!

www.triple777racing.com

"Dude, Don't laugh............I think I broke something"

Although I agree with ohsobad I would like to point out the NVCQ needle is very rich. I had quite a time with getting it right. I like the 50 pilot, NDSR 3rd clip down and 170 main. Fuel screw if you have on will need to be adjusted accordingly. It is also nearly impossible to jet one of these carbs while on the stand, you need to ride it after every change, the carb reacts differently when underload IMO. I would also recommend changing the leak jet to get rid of the bottom end bog. Alot of the bog can be removed by proper jetting but you still will have a slight hesitation, until you get that adjusted.

Good Luck
    Big B

Benny the jet kit you show doesn't state wich needle that is. I would contact GTthunder.com and get his kit or order your carb parts from carbparts.com they have the best prices for individual jets, I think when I orderd the jets where like 2.50 or so each. I bought from 160-180 cost me like 20 bucks or so.

I can't see what is in your sig to help much more, I turned off sigs ALONG time ago.
    Big B

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast