Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: YFZ450 Jetting .

Not for sure how the numbers are on the GYTR jets. Is the 175 main a Keihin jet or a GYTR? It should have a little K with a star if its a keihin.
    <Mat>

2007 YFZ 450.....with some goodies!!

www.triple777racing.com

"Dude, Don't laugh............I think I broke something"

not sure what kind of main jet it is. they just sent it to me with the toomey slip on pipe.

Originally posted by toomey450
    not sure what kind of main jet it is. they just sent it to me with the toomey slip on pipe.
    How do you like the toomey? And do you have a soundclip?
    Ive always been curious about them because they advertised for the yfz and I wanted to know how their 4-stroke pipe is.

Originally posted by toomey450
    Well, does it have a K and a star on it or just a size number.
    <Mat>

2007 YFZ 450.....with some goodies!!

www.triple777racing.com

"Dude, Don't laugh............I think I broke something"

it had a star on it and all the jets that came with the gytr jet kit have stars to.

and the pipe is off the chain if you like it loud and mean. it gave it a lot more horsepower and it made it a lot louder, its just the jet that came with it isnt quite working for me.

It seems we usually end up with this combo in Ohio

55 pilot
    165-170 mj
    we use the magnum needle 2nd clip
    and we like it better than the other needle we have tried
    and we use the r&d adjustable leak jet bowl adjuster screw 2 3/4 out
    we also use the r&d flex jet fuel screw 2-3 out

Pipe and air box lid off
    The magnum jet kit comes with needle and 165,170,175 main jet we sell all the iteams need to jet your YFZ as well.

It seems we usually end up with this combo in Ohio

55 pilot
    165-170 mj
    we use the magnum needle 2nd clip
    and we like it better than the other needle we have tried
    and we use the r&d adjustable leak jet bowl adjuster screw 2 3/4 out
    we also use the r&d flex jet fuel screw 2-3 out

Pipe and air box lid off
    The magnum jet kit comes with needle and 165,170,175 main jet we sell all the iteams need to jet your YFZ as well.

I just changed the jetting on my stock 06 yfz. I wanted to ask a few questions before I starting riding it. I just installed a slip on HMF pipe, and used dynojets jet kid for the 450. I went with their specs and they are way off, as to what everyone else runs.
    I live in indiana, so around 700-1300 ft, and temps in summer are avg. 80, starting here in a month or so, it will be around 30-40.
    this is what I started with, and we'll see where I should be. I used all Dynojet stuff, so their needle, 3rd clip, a 150 main, and a 45 pilot. I run the lid off with stock filter, as of now, I just ordered a k&n filter, and will mostly run with the lid off, except for casual riding around the farm, I put the lid back on.
    Is it okay, to run the lid on and off, and not do much changing.
    Also, I have the a/f needle turned out 1 turn. That sounds majorly different than everyone else. I wanted to run these numbers by you guys first, before I started riding. I am a newb to most of this, but have done a lot of reading and following you guys write ups!!

Thanks in Advance,
    Corey P

From what I know dyno jet uses different jets and needle setup than what most of us use. As far as running lid on and off it needs to be jet each way.

would you suggest ordering a new jet kit. I would like to get what everyone would suggest as the best.... Any information would be great. I know that their stuff did seem quite a bit different from that of every other brand.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast