Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: YFZ450 Jetting .

'06 with full gyt-r exhaust, gyt-r air filter
    165 main
    42 pilot
    3rd clip
    2 and a half turns
    '06 YFZ450 with full gyt-r exhaust, gyt-r jet kit, gyt-r air filter, cam mod, and dynatek programmable cdi, black itp t-9 baja wheels all the way around, maxxis razr2s all the way around, spastic designs/factory7 graphics, pro taper atv high bars, black moose racing pro peg nerfs, blingstar/hbomb black bumper

'03 400Ex- Renthal Bars, Pro Design Tether Kill, Quad Tech Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop, Factory Effex Racing Seat, Maxxis Razrs, HMF Exhaust, DG Bumper, +2 A-Arms, Extended Axle, Russell Racing Brakes, Houser Swing Arm, Uni Air Filter, Dynojet, Full Chassis Skid Plate, Pro Design Billet Case Saver

'98 Warrior for sale-all stock

i noticed no one is mentioning the leak jet??? are you guys having problems with the stumble off idle when you stab the throttle?

louisville, KY
    stock filter, no lid
    HMF slip on

170 main
    NDSR needle #3 down
    45 pilot
    2 out on the feul screw
    30 leak jet
    raised the idle just a hair from what would sound normal. it doesnt scream, but its a little more than a slow chug like you would hear on a 400ex

very slight stumble off the bottom when stabbing the throttle from nothing to full, but a 25 leak jet should fix it.
    Planning a comeback...

BRADLY 300: I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A STUMBLE WHEN I STAB THE THROTTLE, IT WAS JUST @ 3/4 TO WOT, IT SEEMED TO HAVE MORE TOP END @ 3/4 THROTTLE THEN IT DID @ WOT. I PUT A 175 MAIN AND PLAYED WITH FUEL SCREW, THIS CLEANED UP MY PROBLEM @ WOT. QUESTION- IF I PUT A 45 PILOT IN WOULD I NEED TO PUT A 178 MAIN JET FOR MORE FUEL TO MATCH UP WITH THE MORE AIR? I THINK SO BUT NOT TO SURE. MORE FUEL & MORE AIR = MORE POWER?
    RIDE HARD, LIFES SHORT!!!

i doubt it, but you'll only know once you ride it
    Planning a comeback...

Thanks for the replie, the more you work on them the more you learn. have a great & safe summer!!!!

BRADLEY 300. I got it figured out 175 main, 42 pilot, 2 turns on fuel screw, ncvq 4th, k&n no lid, cam mod, fatboy 4 full system, 15 tooth sprocket, elevation 2000'- 2500' approx. works great no hesitation off bottom end, no bobble at 3/4 to wot thanks for everyones help on this sticky!!!!this thing hauls ***** now!!!

for the stock exaust with the baffle removed do i have to change the jetting or should i just leave it stock
    -2006 yfz 450 Elka/Wicked/GTT/Kenda/Yoshimura
    -03 blaster- In the last 4 years of owning it has ran good for about a week.

Wanna ride and live in MN. PM me.

I changed the main jet to a 160 and took the air box lid off. Runs great!
    06' YFZ 450
    Baffle Removed
    160 Main Jet
    Kenda Klaws
    DuraBlue 2.5" RW Spacers
    FX Graphics
    More to come!

Originally posted by yfzrider310
    for the stock exaust with the baffle removed do i have to change the jetting or should i just leave it stock
    The answer is yes you should change your jetting, take your air box lid off and see how it runs.

does taking the airbox lid off make that big of a difference??
    -2006 yfz 450 Elka/Wicked/GTT/Kenda/Yoshimura
    -03 blaster- In the last 4 years of owning it has ran good for about a week.

Wanna ride and live in MN. PM me.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast