Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: YFZ450 Jetting .

Originally posted by Pack
    Ok, I have many questions:

1: Concerning an air filter. I ride trails often. I ride in water, jump just a little, drag race, and dirt roads. What's a good one for me? Also, what's a good lid to go with? My stock one fills up with water often.

2. Should I find a jet kit somewhere to buy, or buy the jets seperately due to the price, even though I have no idea how to install them.

3. If I did buy them seperately, are they hard to install? How much would it cost to get them installed?

4. What's this "fuel screw" and where can I find it? Do I have to buy it? How's that whole thing work.

I live in Missouri, so the elevation jumps around, since there are hills everywhere. So, anything you want to add for extra advice, please feel free.

Thanks, guys.
    ok, jets are probably one of the easiest things to install if you have patence to get the job done right because you have to try many different jets to get it right.

basically, there are two hose clamps on youre carburator on each end. loosten them and turn off your gas. then being on the opposite side of the quad (from the exhaust), pull the bottom of the carb closer to you. remove the tranny vent hose (grey hose with a spring on it) put it too the side and cover the hole with electrical tape. at the bottom of the carb you will see a nut (17ml) get a 17 ml wrench and slowly twist it off with a soda can under neath the carb with the top cut off. the gas will drain from the nut and make sure you get most of it in the can (thats why you put the electrical tape over the hole) once no more gas is comming out you can take off the nut. under the nut you will see two copper bolts with holes in them (these are youre jets) the big one that is closer to the nut you just removed is the main (the big one) furthur off to the side is the pilot jet. you can remove the pilot with a flat head, the main must be removed with a 7ml ratchet or screwdriver with a 7ml attachment. then screw the new jet inplace of the other jet and install your new pilot. reinstall the nut, hose, and replace the carb to its origonal position, tighen all clamps, and turn on the gas.

for the needle, on top of the carb (seat off) you will see a cover that says CR in big letters, it is held on with two allen screws, remove this cover. underneath (GAS OFF!! for the next part or you'll flood your bike) put you quad to ful throttle, this will pull the needle up. there is a silver allen bolt/needle cover you must remove, use a set of needle nose pliers once loosened to remove it. dont drop it down the carb. now you can see the part of the needle (NVCQ) that the e-clip goes onto, use the pliers again to pull the needle up and out (the needle isnt screwed on or anything besides the silver cap removed earler.) once the needle is removed you can replace it with the one that came in youre kit, once you put the e-clip on.. that is. (hint: try with youre new needle put the clip on the 3rd from top groove, that usually works best for most people) replace youre needle, put your quad to full throttle and screw in the silver allen retaning cap, then install the cover with the with the two allen screws.

the fuel screw is covered behind a metal plug you must drill through and pull out. then the screw is visable. turn it to adjust youre a/f ratio.

heres my quad so far.
    mods: stock pipe, core removed, lid off, twin-air filter, Dynojet kit

main: 144
    pilot: 42
    needle: (NVCQ) 3rd clip from top
    fuel scew: 1 turn out from seated.
    Sparks, Elka, JD PErformance, Fuel Customs, Stream line, Laker Custom, ITP, Rath Racing, DFR, Powermadd, ProTaper, R&D, Keihin, Ignition products, SRP, UNI.

Hauler: 08 Chevy 5,3L 1500. AFE, Magnaflow, bedliner.

http://quadhub.com/sig/ride_sig_337.png

im needing some help finding a 50 pilot jet.. i have 2 48's and only using 1 its a little lean right now anyone have a 50 to trade for 48?

my local dealer trades jets but dont have a 50

If you kind find anyone to trade, try jetsrus.com

<Mat>

2007 YFZ 450.....with some goodies!!

www.triple777racing.com

"Dude, Don't laugh............I think I broke something"

found one but i want to ask why my bike would need a 50 i dont see any ppl using 50's that seems high for a pilot jet.

i just recently cut out my airbox but still has the sides and bottom i just cut the rear out and the plastic around the battery box so the filter is pretty exposed gettin plenty more air than was. i havent messed with the main or needle or anything seems to run great except for 1/5 or 1/4 throttle in nuetral it cuts in and out and if u tapp it sorta fast no more than 1/4 throttle it cuts out and backfires

when you change jets do u need to leave the min jet adaptor in
    Brian Davis

Originally posted by Bdav450
    when you change jets do u need to leave the min jet adaptor in
    only if you have a Dynojet or FMF kit!

keihin jets dont have an adaptor so there isnt one to swap. and there is no such thing as a main jet adaptor for Keihin jets.
    Sparks, Elka, JD PErformance, Fuel Customs, Stream line, Laker Custom, ITP, Rath Racing, DFR, Powermadd, ProTaper, R&D, Keihin, Ignition products, SRP, UNI.

Hauler: 08 Chevy 5,3L 1500. AFE, Magnaflow, bedliner.

http://quadhub.com/sig/ride_sig_337.png

Hey guys this is my first post, i need some help to correctly jet my 05 yfz wich i believe has the stock jet.

Stock engine
    Pro circuit T-4 pipe
    Quick Shot
    K&N filter and K&N POWERLID
    zip tie mod

Fuel 98 octane gas
    Temperature 60ยบ
    Altitude sea level

What would you guys recomend for the main jet, needle and pilot jet has well for fuel screw turns. Thanks

i hear alotta people start at 168 main and 46 pilot. and 1 to 1 1/2 turns on fuel screw and just go from there determine if its lean or rich u can usually get it right within 1-2 sizes

Do you guys know any cheap online store that sell the jets? Thanks

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast