Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how to ride a long wheelie

how to ride a long wheelie

Can someone give me some tips on riding long wheelies. Whenever I try to ride one I will either not be able to keep it in the air, or I will go too far back and drag the grab bar. How fast should I be going, what gear. Anything I should tweak on the bike like gearing or tire pressure. Please give me some hints, because I cant seem to ride a wheelie longer than like 10 feet. Thanks... By the way the bike is a 416ex if that helps...
    My Rides:
    06' Suzuki LT-R450
    04' Yamaha Banshee
    01' Honda Rubicon

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"

MySpace

Check Out My eBay Feedback!!

If your doing it on a road tire pressure may matter a little because the road isnt 100% flat, so u may have to mess with that...plus if you start to go back far and are gonna hit your grab bar, you can tap the brake LIGHTLY, and it brings the front back down...dont slam on the brake unless you want to get hurt tho
    06 LT-R450

#41 D5

Yoshimura, Fasst co., Fox Shox, Walsh, Cernics, Rath, ITP, Douglass, Baldwin Motorsports

be smooth. practice equals smooth.
    www.CVBOYZ.com

CVBz are Sponsored by:

Envision Graphix

Bluntface Records

Speedrag Extreme Apparel

Campbell Productions

--------------------------------------------------------
    2005 Polaris Sportsman 700EFI - For Sale!!!

yea dude i have a kfx so i get in 2nd and get it up and get it where it feels right and start shifting and the key is balance if you start going back down give it a lil more throttle and if you go too far back jus tap the rear brake
    2004 kawi kfx400 precision-ms.com project bike

i usually do wheelies in 1st gear, nice and slow. i stop dead, rev it a little then pop the clutch and balance it. it really helps when you keep your foot over the brake incase you go to far. i just feather the throttle to keep it balanced and i can just about go as far as i want. hope that helps.

can't be taught,especial on here,u just gotta put in in a comfortable gear and pop a wheelie and find ur balance point,try moving around on teh seat some it used to help me when i used to do stuff like that on my old 300ex
    04 HONDA 450R SOLD

06CRF 250R

practice..i have had my quad only since september of 04 and i just practiced and practiced and now im not too bad at them see for yourself at www.freewebs.com/newjerseyatv this is all will my stock blaster. I got mods for it and now it is so much better and i can ride them longer too.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.... oh yeah you need to practice. Just start doing them whenever you go riding. If you are cruising trails... try doing wheelies on the straight stretches. Keep at it and you will get better soon.

The first key is to definetly find the bikes balance point, this will vary with the bikes speed, and wind speed. There are 2 things to think about when the front end comes up to high. If the front end starts to rise, but at a slower steady pace, there is no need to tap the brake, could cause it to drop to rapid, so instead try lighty lefting off the gas just enough to drop to a comfortable level. Takes a bit of practice. if the front end is rising really quick you can tap the brake, just a little though. i know from practice. (doin 60 mph across a field, wind caught the front end, slammed it to the rear bar, i hit the brake to hard and slammed my chest into the handlebars.) So with some practice u will be able to wheelie from a dead stop, all the way through the gears to top speed.
    '02 400EX
    ITP T9 Pro series rear, 9x9, 6x3 offset
    Holeshot 20x11x9
    DG Excellerator Stage 3 full system
    Curtis Sparks 6 Degree timing key
    Moose E-Brake Blockoff plate
    Honda OEM Brake Light kit
    EBC severe duty brake pads
    152 main jet

-Honda400ex@hotmail.com-

The first key is to definetly find the bikes balance point, this will vary with the bikes speed, and wind speed. There are 2 things to think about when the front end comes up to high. If the front end starts to rise, but at a slower steady pace, there is no need to tap the brake, could cause it to drop to rapid, so instead try lighty lefting off the gas just enough to drop to a comfortable level. Takes a bit of practice. if the front end is rising really quick you can tap the brake, just a little though. i know from practice. (doin 60 mph across a field, wind caught the front end, slammed it to the rear bar, i hit the brake to hard and slammed my chest into the handlebars.) So with some practice u will be able to wheelie from a dead stop, all the way through the gears to top speed.
    '02 400EX
    ITP T9 Pro series rear, 9x9, 6x3 offset
    Holeshot 20x11x9
    DG Excellerator Stage 3 full system
    Curtis Sparks 6 Degree timing key
    Moose E-Brake Blockoff plate
    Honda OEM Brake Light kit
    EBC severe duty brake pads
    152 main jet

-Honda400ex@hotmail.com-

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast