Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator tld or a 450R, it's a tough one!

Maybe one of you that owns one of the 05 Troy Lee Edition quads can clear somthing up. I read in a magazine and have heard a couple of owners say that the gearing is good until you hit 5th gear. I have heard that the rest of the tranny is close ratio, but has way too wide of a gap between 4th and 5th. Is that true? Other than that it looks like a nice ride.

im not one for honda but i think that honda will be better on the trails and at the races and probably also freestyle,this is why id say honda but if i were you id get a z/kfx 400(pretty fast,with elec start and reverse) or a yfz. depends how long your gonna wait cus then id get an 06 suzuki 450 or the 06 true yamaha yfz 450(now it's a 439)in the summer of 05This also depends on the money you have or willing to spend,just what i think,
    but you make up your own mind.
    GOOD LUCK

i have raced pro class and pro am nationally on a 400ex, 250r, yfz450, and rode alot of 450r's and my latest was a cannondale, out of all of them the TLD predator that i bought today surpasses all for the money. and my 2005 gear spacing is perfect!!!! and in a drag with my friends 450r with tc port, 13.5.1, dirtbike cams, ignition, flywheel and carbon pro, 39mm fcr., my stock predator beats it by about 1 or two bike lengths, he wieghs 20 lb less than me. we switched quads, same result. at the polaris dealership today we dragged a stock 2003 non le. and my 2005 le, the le walked away from the 03! i love mine! look!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    nothing 450

buy this exaust if you get one with a rath headpipe (in the mail) i love it perfect sound too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    nothing 450

Originally posted by bombsquad54
    i have raced pro class and pro am nationally on a 400ex, 250r, yfz450, and rode alot of 450r's and my latest was a cannondale, out of all of them the TLD predator that i bought today surpasses all for the money. and my 2005 gear spacing is perfect!!!! and in a drag with my friends 450r with tc port, 13.5.1, dirtbike cams, ignition, flywheel and carbon pro, 39mm fcr., my stock predator beats it by about 1 or two bike lengths, he wieghs 20 lb less than me. we switched quads, same result. at the polaris dealership today we dragged a stock 2003 non le. and my 2005 le, the le walked away from the 03! i love mine! look!
    Maybe your friend isnt good at drag racing. I raced my friends piped troy lee with my piped and cammed 450r and I beat him everytime. I even beat him when I had nothing done and he was piped. I will say thought the pred is quick. I do like the power. I just feel like Im driving a 4x4 when im on it. I guess when people are deciding on what to get they really need to ride the bike first. Its not a cheap purchase.
    04 450R -Red
    ----------------------------------------------
    HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks -razr front and rears AC belly skid, Pro Pegs, and stadium bumper. GT Thunder rear linkage and shock revalve. Air box lid removed 185 main jet, carbon bill ballance hmf full exhaust, hotcam stage2. +2 LT Jd Performance arms with LT Motowoz shocks RPM dominator axle

Maybe your friend isnt good at drag racing. I raced my friends piped troy lee with my piped and cammed 450r and I beat him everytime. I even beat him when I had nothing done and he was piped. I will say thought the pred is quick. I do like the power. I just feel like Im driving a 4x4 when im on it. I guess when people are deciding on what to get they really need to ride the bike first. Its not a cheap purchase.
    04 450R -Red
    ----------------------------------------------
    HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks -razr front and rears AC belly skid, Pro Pegs, and stadium bumper. GT Thunder rear linkage and shock revalve. Air box lid removed 185 main jet, carbon bill ballance hmf full exhaust, hotcam stage2. +2 LT Jd Performance arms with LT Motowoz shocks RPM dominator axle

Originally posted by exrider44

Maybe your friend needs to set his suspension up so it doen't feel like a 4x4??
    06 LTR (White):ATP Racing Engines Port and Polish, +1 Ti exhaust valves, JE 14:1 Piston, Hotcams Intake cam, Power Commander, FuelATV intake, Full HMF Ironman series exhaust, Hinson Clutch Basket, Hinson Clutch Plates, Blue Laker Custom Plastics, QuadTech Hump seat, Blue Tag "Railer" skid plate, Fasst Co. flex bars, ASV F3 Pro Clutch perch w/ lever, ASV F3 Brake lever, Precision Steering Stabilizer, Walsh long travel front end, Fox Evol front shocks, Fox Poduim X rear shock w/ DSC, GT Thunder Linkage, Streamline Brake Lines front & rear, Motion Pro clutch cable, Rath Graphics kit, Rath Anti-Vibe Stem, black Rath bumper, black Rath grab bar, black Rath competition nerf bars/heel guards, Hipers with Maxxis Razr MX's or itp bajas all around p/c gloss black, kenda klaws, Lonestar Axcalibur axle, BCS Shift Pin, Blue CV4 hoses, Relocator, updog # backings, srp case saver, lots of powdercoating!!... and a few more things to come!

Thanks to this year's sponsors: Rath Racing, HMF Exhaust, FuelATV, Fly Racing, and Western Power Sports

is his predator a 2005 TLD? if not then they are totally different than past models as far as power, ask tyler25 how my stock 05 did against the quad of the month which is an 03.
    nothing 450

/

is his predator a 2005 TLD? if not then they are totally different than past models as far as power, ask tyler25 how my stock 05 did against the quad of the month which is an 03.
    this also depends on the length of the drag, in a full WOT drag, the 03's and 04's will win. the only thing changed on the TLD motor was transmission ratios, not some ungodly amount of extra power, though i do like the new rezzy shocks
    "You say that I sin, You say I'm bound for hell, but once your judgement condemns you, I shall see you there."

----Georgia Southern University
    -Logistics & Intermodal Trans.
    Sinkhole Customs(choppers and 4X4)-mechanic/fabricator

sinkholecustoms.com

-Bronze level Honda technician

funny thing is, my 05 pulls 03 and 04s especially at top speed, WFO races, i raced at least 10 of them this weekend at the dunes, i went undefieted, except one guy that was making banshee's with +12 swingers, and no shocks, look like crap on a black predator, that thing was insane! with the closer gear ratio, i can get to top end really fast, as fast as i can shift the gears she keeps pulling like a beast!
    nothing 450

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast