Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ken Robey, what happen at Texas

I understand that you can use aftermarket Tie-rods but it said nothing about aftermarket Tie-rod ends - Corrrect? So aftermarket tie-rod ends are illegal?
    Rick Cecco
    Can Am Outlander 800
    2007 GNCC Open 4x4 Champion
    2009 GNCC Utility Unlimted Champion

Originally posted by 465Stroker
    I understand that you can use aftermarket Tie-rods but it said nothing about aftermarket Tie-rod ends - Corrrect? So aftermarket tie-rod ends are illegal?
    lol, what about aftermarket nuts and cotter pins?

Rick, If it isn't mentioned as illegal, then I think a person could safely use aftermarket tie-rod ends. This discussion could go on and on. I personally only have ever used Factory Tie-rod ends, so I could care less even though I snapped one off at Texas and dismounted at around 30 mph cracking open my brand new helmet from the impact and ripping the arm piece off my chest protector. Needless to say, I can still feel and see the bruises.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Originally posted by Admin
    lol, what about aftermarket nuts and cotter pins?

Rick, If it isn't mentioned as illegal, then I think a person could safely use aftermarket tie-rod ends. This discussion could go on and on. I personally only have ever used Factory Tie-rod ends, so I could care less even though I snapped one off at Texas and dismounted at around 30 mph cracking open my brand new helmet from the impact and ripping the arm piece off my chest protector. Needless to say, I can still feel and see the bruises.
    Just askin Harlen......
    Rick Cecco
    Can Am Outlander 800

Just askin Harlen......
    You are such an instigator
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

If I called up Houser Racing and asked for aftermarket tie-rods - would they send tie-rods or a complete tie-rod kit with ends on them? See what I am gettin at? I think it should be clarified..
    Rick Cecco
    Can Am Outlander 800

If I called up Houser Racing and asked for aftermarket tie-rods - would they send tie-rods or a complete tie-rod kit with ends on them? See what I am gettin at? I think it should be clarified..
    Geee... Rick, don't take me wrong, I was just messing with you and figured you were up to your normal fun.

I honestly think aftermarket tie-rod ends are legal because they are stated as being illegal in the rules.

I’m glad RP clarified all that and now Ken can get him some tie rods that won’t potentially launch him out into the trees. I’m looking forward to racing against you in FL Ken! I hope that I do well enough in FL for them to impound my junk…I can see the puzzled expressions now as they look my sad plastic over and say “I wonder how many more rivets he can get onto this thing to hold the fenders together”. LOL

tie rod victory

Sorry I have been out of town with my son at a hockey tournament and I am under the weather also. So here it goes, Thanks to everyone who backed me up in my huge undertaking. Everyone told me that I was nuts and that there was now way that they were going to give supplemental rules for me to race stock class. They all agreed with me about the safety issue after they saw my tie rod end split in half, though. I really appreciate all of the support and talking with all of you. It has actually been fun, even though I just got home from the Doc's and he said my blood pressure was elevated a little. Needless to say, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I race purely on the rule book, I don't cut corners and add expensive parts to win. In fact, I won a certificate for tire balls at a 20% discount and I gave it to a good friend because I couldn't afford the additional cost of getting them. Hell, I can barely afford to get to the races. I hope everyone in my class is like me , but I know in any sport there are cheaters, and beleive me, your time will come. when I get my plaque, I can honestly hold my head up and look at those I raced in the face, unlike some people I have met through my years of racing. I made some phone calls today and tie rods are on there way from Houser and HD tie rod ends will be here Monday. Lets get ready to ROCK, BOYZZZZZZZZZ. Come up and Intro yourselves to me so I can thank you personally. Can't wait to get to Fl. See you all there and thanks for you support
    2001-2004 Student of the Arts
    2005 GNCC Utility Stock Champion
    2006 Factory Arctic Cat
    2007 PQR Racing/High Energy Kymco Member
    2008 Kymco Factory Race Team
    2009 High Energy Racing-Can Am 800R
    2010 Can AM X Team

worst town I've ever lived in... Spencer,OH
    Ken- Glad to hear you got this issue taken care of. Time to take 1st place and show Penland how it's done!

Good luck.
    Scott
    I am now quadless...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234