outerwears pre filter
    k&n air filter
    k&n power lid

hmf polished slip on
    razr 2 all around
    armadillo 1/4" swing arm plate
    ebc sevre duty brake pads
    hot cams stage 2

Im not even going to answer the question on the Drag racing... That all depends on too may factors....

As far as reliable, its all in how you take care of it, and who works on it .. Trust me.. we learned the hard way on that We know have a strong running Predator after dropping some serious bank into it from a mechanical nightmare...
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Originally posted by QuadJunkies
    Im not even going to answer the question on the Drag racing... That all depends on too may factors....

As far as reliable, its all in how you take care of it, and who works on it .. Trust me.. we learned the hard way on that We know have a strong running Predator after dropping some serious bank into it from a mechanical nightmare...
    you and me both hehe
    "You say that I sin, You say I'm bound for hell, but once your judgement condemns you, I shall see you there."

----Georgia Southern University
    -Logistics & Intermodal Trans.
    Sinkhole Customs(choppers and 4X4)-mechanic/fabricator

sinkholecustoms.com

-Bronze level Honda technician

QJ hit it on the nose. They're no different from any other quad. Take care of the maintnance and it will take care of you. Aside from a frame crack on my 03'(known for weak frames), I've had 0 problems with my pred.

And as for the drag........ In most instances, no. You won't win against a yfz with out some major motor work. Theres just too much of a difference in power to weight ratio. But in the long run drag racing seems to come down to who has the deepest pockets anyway........
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

Originally posted by Flynbryan19
    QJ hit it on the nose. They're no different from any other quad. Take care of the maintnance and it will take care of you. Aside from a frame crack on my 03'(known for weak frames), I've had 0 problems with my pred.

And as for the drag........ In most instances, no. You won't win against a yfz with out some major motor work. Theres just too much of a difference in power to weight ratio. But in the long run drag racing seems to come down to who has the deepest pockets anyway........
    when my pred was nearly stock, i was beaten by very few yfz's. and i will say the pred motor has far more potential than the 450's
    "You say that I sin, You say I'm bound for hell, but once your judgement condemns you, I shall see you there."

sinkholecustoms.com

How can you say the predator motor has more potential? I dont know who your racing but ive walked all over two piped predators over and over in a drag with just my airbox lid off and spark arrestor out. I dont think the weight to power difference is the same.
    04 450R -Red
    ----------------------------------------------
    HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks -razr front and rears AC belly skid, Pro Pegs, and stadium bumper. GT Thunder rear linkage and shock revalve. Air box lid removed 185 main jet, carbon bill ballance hmf full exhaust, hotcam stage2. +2 LT Jd Performance arms with LT Motowoz shocks RPM dominator axle

Originally posted by exrider44
    How can you say the predator motor has more potential? I dont know who your racing but ive walked all over two piped predators over and over in a drag with just my airbox lid off and spark arrestor out. I dont think the weight to power difference is the same.

you can get far more power out of a predators motor than a 450's. they are already tuned pretty well from the factory. the highest hp ive heard from yfzs is around 55, 60 for the trx nmotion tt racer. preds have acheived well over that. and im not talking about taking your airbox lid off bring your trx down here to georgia and well see how far you really walk

sinkholecustoms.com

Id love to race ya but Im not driving all the way down to Georgia lol.
    04 450R -Red
    ----------------------------------------------
    HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks -razr front and rears AC belly skid, Pro Pegs, and stadium bumper. GT Thunder rear linkage and shock revalve. Air box lid removed 185 main jet, carbon bill ballance hmf full exhaust, hotcam stage2. +2 LT Jd Performance arms with LT Motowoz shocks RPM dominator axle

I've seen and Nmotion TRX MX quad with claimed 68 HP!! It was very impressive
    '05 TRX450:

Everything you wish you had!

Back to the original question. The 03's had a few problems, but so have most other first year makes. I have an 03, and fortunately none of the problems have popped up on mine. In 04, Polaris addressed most of 'em and for 05 it seems they've put the final touches to make the Predator very competitive inr the dependability catagory. Performance wise, now that they've got a rider signed,(Matt Smiley) they're starting to show alot of Polaris bashers how dumb they really sound. As far a dragging goes, there are too many variables, especially in the rider, to consider it with any value. I had a young kid on a 400ex make me look like I was on a blaster. I was still getting used to using a clutch. The pred is my first manual quad. So that should tell you something about racing comparisons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast