Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polaris Performance ?

The dyno did mesure rear wheel hp

Originally posted by gunter
    Hi All
    Got my bike oct'04
    had the following: Polaris raceing pipe, K&N Filter and I was told JetKit & Head skimmed ???

2 Weeks ago went and did a Dyno run and was dissapointed (1st Run) I then installed myself a DynoJet, Needle and different jet
    1st run gave only 33 HP's and after 40 HP's

I have also put on Fox Raceing canasters on Front Shocks

otherwise stock standard

Gunter
    hmmm... would the head skimmed be the same as ported?? that made a huge dif. in ours! We also had the Carb modified, were going to go with a dif. Carb here soon. The Honda 450r carb is supposed to be AWESOME! Ave. HP gain is 4 HP Did you have someone there do all your work or was it in the U.S??You also might feel some change on the power curve if you added a Vortex CDI What kind of filter do you run?( direct to carb ?)
    For us we tried the foam filter and HATED it , ours ran sooo much better with a K&N.. Do you race and if so, what kind of racing do you so?? Can we see a pic of your beast???
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

QJ, i would think by skimming, he would mean shaving the head? could be wrong though. what kind of port job did you get on yours? stock valves?
    "You say that I sin, You say I'm bound for hell, but once your judgement condemns you, I shall see you there."

----Georgia Southern University
    -Logistics & Intermodal Trans.
    Sinkhole Customs(choppers and 4X4)-mechanic/fabricator

sinkholecustoms.com

-Bronze level Honda technician

Smile

Hi QuadJunkies

I Live in South-Africa

1. K&N Filter
    2. Standard Falves
    3. I dont do raceing Yet - very expensive sport here as all parts has to be imported form the states
    4. By skimming the head we achieved a higher compression ratio ? (I think - still learning)
    5. Have not done porting.

PS: Got the bike in Oct. 04, secondhand and trying to figure stuff out .

Re: .

Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
    QJ, i would think by skimming, he would mean shaving the head? could be wrong though. what kind of port job did you get on yours? stock valves?
    We had Doug Nicholas port the head, we had HPD Vavle sprgins found they were doing more harm than good,so we went with a stainless spring and just dont run the highest setting on the CDI. So far its working great!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

are stock springs bad?? i thought of buying new springs cause i dropped a valve, but i think one of the buckets got stuck, and it was at WOT
    "You say that I sin, You say I'm bound for hell, but once your judgement condemns you, I shall see you there."

----Georgia Southern University
    -Logistics & Intermodal Trans.
    Sinkhole Customs(choppers and 4X4)-mechanic/fabricator

sinkholecustoms.com

-Bronze level Honda technician

Re: .

Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
    are stock springs bad?? i thought of buying new springs cause i dropped a valve, but i think one of the buckets got stuck, and it was at WOT
    NO.. stock springs are GOOD...!! They wre on back order when we needed to replace them so it was Titanuim or Stinless so we went with stainless. We just dont run the highest on the CDI, its ok though, its not the best curve anyhow!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12