Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: installed the 450R carb and WOW.....!!!

What year 450 carbs will work?

I've been reading a lot of post but I haven't seen the question of year addressed, sorry if I missed it...

Can someone tell me if using the newer slide versions of 450r carbs works as well as the older butterfly models? I have seen mention of a throttle position sensor on the newer carbs as well, is this an issue when putting it on a 400 or can you just cap off the wires and not worry about them?

Thanks for your help.

kent

there were 2 wires cut on my carb, i would imagine thats prob what there were for..never did get it installed, having trouble with the slide getting stuck..?? any ideas, cant even get the needle in

Re: What year 450 carbs will work?

Originally posted by Kentang4
    I've been reading a lot of post but I haven't seen the question of year addressed, sorry if I missed it...

Can someone tell me if using the newer slide versions of 450r carbs works as well as the older butterfly models? I have seen mention of a throttle position sensor on the newer carbs as well, is this an issue when putting it on a 400 or can you just cap off the wires and not worry about them?

Thanks for your help.

kent
    The older versions (2004 and 2005) are the best ones to use. The newer (2006 and newer) might work but not as well, IMO.

Yeah just cut the wires from the TPS.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick replies. Any chance you still have an adapter laying around for sale? My hunt for a 04-05 carb is on. I'm working on a total rebuild, Hot Rod crank, 416 11:1, and I think a stage 1 cam, I like torque...

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Kentang4
    Thanks for the quick replies. Any chance you still have an adapter laying around for sale? My hunt for a 04-05 carb is on. I'm working on a total rebuild, Hot Rod crank, 416 11:1, and I think a stage 1 cam, I like torque...
    PM sent

those adapters look great i would like one if you have anymore thanks for all the info if you dont know how to install a 450 carb after reading these pages your in trouble

Is it better to run the 450r throttle cable, or will the 400ex do the job? I've read both answers.
    04 400ex - Weekend Warrior
    93 SE-R - 2.3L big bore in progress
    01 G20T - Automatic tour ride

Idk about using the stock ex cable. I'm sure someone has, but it just easier to use the 450r cable.
    03 416EX
    11:1 Wiseco
    Stg2 hotcam
    Gtt head studs
    Full hmf
    450r carb w/zr's adapter
    Crf450 timing chain
    450r rear brake mod
    YFZ frt calipers
    HLS elites frts
    Gtt+2 arms
    Gtt xc link
    Jet revalved rear
    Laeger swingarm
    Lonestar carrier
    Lonestar+4 axle
    Lonestar+1stem
    Ccp steering stabilizer
    Uni
    Wb rev box
    Pro taper bars
    Omf scoops
    Douglas beadlocks
    Ac nerf bars
    Rath foot peg ext
    Powermadd handguards
    Feather carbon hood

youtube: stewart6501
    ps3 net: bez_65 (MW3!)

Wow this carb really woke up my bike accelaration and throttle responese is nice!

I installed a 04/05 450r carb w/ adapter already installed on last week WITH the 450r cable.... take my advise

1) take your dremel either with a xmas tree bit OR a sanding drum and open up your intake boot (theres a lip which will prevent you from fully mating the 2)

2) install 450r carb cable ( the 400ex has a bend/curve at the carb which wont allow a clean install)

3) apply a thin coating of lithium grease just to ensure a easy install

4) you need to keep and use the stock 450r fuel line bc it has a step up in size (1/4 to 3/8?) - cut the final bend out of the petcock end of the hose and it will line up PERFECT with your petcock

im sorry i dont have any pictures, one day i will disassemble and take some shots

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast