Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: installed the 450R carb and WOW.....!!!

Get the headstuds
    Polaris Predator 500
    Polaris Magnum 425

Originally posted by ZSK
    Get the headstuds
    thats what I hear.... Head bolts and a flex Gasket or something like that.... Im not sure what kind of gaskets this kit cam with for certain but we will get Er figured out and if not then Ill just slap my 426 bakc in....Also, what about Vavle springs??? Im sure my 426 had some but not sure what they were
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Originally posted by QuadJunkies
    Head bolts and a flex Gasket or something like that....
    That's what it took to get mine figured out. It blew the flexsteel on after about 18 hours, put a cheap kit in and it blew in about 3. I installed the HD headstuds, and the flexsteel gaskets and didn't have a problem. Race the rest of the season on it and numerous trail rides.
    Polaris Predator 500
    Polaris Magnum 425

was the 450 carb easy to put on? did it require any mods? and does anybody know if it would do nething on a stock motor?
    2007 LTR 450
    Pro Taper,Powermadd,Motoworks,One Industries,Rath,Blingstar,Maxxis,DWT

2006 KTM 200xc-w

Originally posted by muddy400EX
    was the 450 carb easy to put on? did it require any mods? and does anybody know if it would do nething on a stock motor?
    Did you read ANYTHING I posted and see ANY pof the pics??? That should be ALOT of info that your asking about....

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

Did you read ANYTHING I posted and see ANY pof the pics??? That should be ALOT of info that your asking about....
    LMAO!!!!!

About the head gasket......... I would just get some studs and see how that works. I have only blew one head gasket since my 440 has been together and I run stock head studs.
    1989 250r, LRD silencer, Delta v-force reeds, Keihin 40.5mm PWK carb, k&n air filter, custom air shrouds, ESR 350pv big Bore cylinder, ESR head, ESR trx11 pipe, Janssen Racing Basket, AC front bumper, +4 swingarm, tag bars, Elka shocks

Wife's bike:2005 TRX450r.... Full system Yoshimura tri-oval, Hrc kit, K&N air filter

I got 450R carb installed today. It sounds really nice! The cable comes in tomorrow for it so hopefully I can go see what it does sometime this week. Here are few pictures of my installation.

I ended out pulling the vent tube off of the top, cutting it down and caping it and then drilling out the side vent instead like Laz suggested.. I found that otherwise my tank would be resting on it. I also did a makeshift choke and moved the airbox forward about an inch to make up for the shorter carb.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 450R - 13:1 JE piston, HRC Cam, Yoshi full exhaust, ESR Intake, Hinson Clutch Basket, GT Thunder dual rate front revalves, Burgard +2+1 arms, GT Thunder rear linkage & rebuilt shock, G-Force +4 axle, W.E.R. Stabilizer, Tokyo Mods CDI, RAZR MX tires, Tusk nerfs, MSR bars, Tusk tether.
    2003 406EX - 10:1 Wiseco, HotCam Stg 3, Port & Polish, 450R 42mm carb, Stock shorty straight through exhaust, Powerbomb, K&N, FST cooler, Arens nerfs, Zaps CDI, 14T sprocket, VW Stabilizer, Magura Hydraulic clutch, Holeshot XC's(wifes)
    1990 Yamaha Blaster(sons)
    1986 Honda 200SX(daughers)
    2004 Tomahawk 110(sons)

The carb is in there as solid as the stock one.. I did have to ream out the boots quite a bit to make them fit correctly, especially the airbox boot. Here's a side view of my makeshift choke, I just have to push up on it at the bottom where the 'L' bend is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 450R - 13:1 JE piston, HRC Cam, Yoshi full exhaust, ESR Intake, Hinson Clutch Basket, GT Thunder dual rate front revalves, Burgard +2+1 arms, GT Thunder rear linkage & rebuilt shock, G-Force +4 axle, W.E.R. Stabilizer, Tokyo Mods CDI, RAZR MX tires, Tusk nerfs, MSR bars, Tusk tether.
    2003 406EX - 10:1 Wiseco, HotCam Stg 3, Port & Polish, 450R 42mm carb, Stock shorty straight through exhaust, Powerbomb, K&N, FST cooler, Arens nerfs, Zaps CDI, 14T sprocket, VW Stabilizer, Magura Hydraulic clutch, Holeshot XC's(wifes)
    2004 Tomahawk 110(sons)

NICE illustration!!! Thanks for posting some pics.!!.. mine were blurry....

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

NICE illustration!!! Thanks for posting some pics.!!.. mine were blurry....
    Nah, your pictures look good.. I just never take pictures when I do my mods and people always PM me asking for pics. So I thought I'd be proactive this time.

I'm excited to hear another performance review of this carb. I was hoping to try mine out this week at the track, but mother nature suprised us with 4-5 inches of snow this morning..
    2004 Tomahawk 110(sons)

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast