Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: installed the 450R carb and WOW.....!!!

cool thanks, i didnt even think to look at the first post date. I think the 450 carb should be better than my lectron
    05' fan cooled 416ex, zrpilot's motor, GT Thunder 10.8:1 piston, GT Thunder HD headstuds, HD cam chain, HRC cam, GT Thunder 8 plate clutch, GT Thunder XC Port & Polish, GT Thunder XC CDI, terry cable throttle, 450r carb(48 pilot, needle 3rd from the top 178 main), white brothers e series pro-meg muffler, white brothers header,UNI, aluminum air box no lid, galfer ss brakes lines, houser +2 arms, TCS dual rate shocks with rezzies, lonstar +2 swingarm and +4 axle, LSR billet sprocket hub, tag fat bars, maier race plastics, kenda knarly mxr 18s kenda klaw mxf 20x6, spal 4" puller fan, 14/36 gearing and ..... Dual rate Axis rear shock, AMR monster coil, roll design +2 steering stem

06' CC F-250 Diesel FX4 6" lift 20x12 welds 35x13.50 mickey thompson's 4" TB exhaust no cat 2 jl 10"

my honda dealer just told me that doin this was dumb cuz the intake boot wouldnt possibly allow anymore air through to the carb. lol dumbasses anyway great mod i recommend it to anyone

here is the verdict......

I just installed a 450R carb.......it is an absofucenlutely AMAZING upgrade!

Enough said....
    2008 LT-R450 #97 ....ATV FourPlay stem w/ softbars,PC5 w/autotune, Uni filter, EHS air box lid, Pro Design intake, PRM control series front bumper, ATV FourPlay Aarms -1 1/16", Fox Podium X DSC, Fox Float Evols, Rath racing nerfs w/heel guards, One Industries graphics, HEP rear number plate, BRM number plates, Suzuki carbon fiber frame guards, ProDesign teather, CCP steering stabilizer, QuadTech beak, alum. elec. guard, Acerbis Uniko handguards, Fuel parking brake blockoff , Youshimura start button, throttle body block off nut, PRM frame skid, Suzuki .250" disc guard, GT Thunder dual sprocket guard, Guard Dog sprocket guard cleaner, milled LT-Z400 rear hubs, HiPer beadlocks w/ Razr 2s all around

Certified Suzuki Technician

guess who's next for the 450r carb? now to decide how to hook it up. Can I use a 450r airboot and modify it to fit the 400ex air box or what?

no just enlarge the stock one with a sanding flapper wheel. you need to do the intake to. also for fuel line just use 3/8 auto fuel line. put a sparkplug in one end to enlarge it to fit the very large 450r inlet. its a little big to the petcock but i used a hose clamp with no probs. you need to move the airbox up about 1/2" also.
    02 400ex fan cooled
    11:1 85MM Wiseco piston
    stg 2 hotcam
    port and polished head, intake
    Kibblewhite springs
    450r timing chain
    450r carb 180 main yfz cable
    Sparks advance key
    lightweight flywheel
    Hetrick header custom exhaust
    K&N filter w/outerwear precharger
    Pro-flo stainless steel oil filter
    spark plug resistor mod
    450r front shocks yfz450 springs
    yfz450 brake pads
    steel braided brake lines frt & rr
    450r bumper
    Pro design shifter
    Hinson rear brake lever
    drilled airbox snorkle removed
    Moose ebrake plate
    Renthal bars
    Moose levers

if the airbox is moved up a 1/2" then do I make a steel bracket so it stills connects to the back or what?

some people say to take the rear bolt out push it up(forward) then put the bolt back in with a big washer to hold it. i tried this but it came loose. so i got one of those small torches and melted the plastic rear airbox bracket a little and bent it back. then i melted the tab a little to make the tab flat again and it works great. you can barley tell its modded.
    02 400ex fan cooled
    11:1 85MM Wiseco piston
    stg 2 hotcam
    port and polished head, intake
    Kibblewhite springs
    450r timing chain
    450r carb 180 main yfz cable
    Sparks advance key
    lightweight flywheel
    Hetrick header custom exhaust
    K&N filter w/outerwear precharger
    Pro-flo stainless steel oil filter
    spark plug resistor mod
    450r front shocks yfz450 springs
    yfz450 brake pads
    steel braided brake lines frt & rr
    450r bumper
    Pro design shifter
    Hinson rear brake lever
    drilled airbox snorkle removed
    Moose ebrake plate
    Renthal bars
    Moose levers

k

well then what about. making sure that your exhaust is big enough to handle to air output?? i have a e-series by white brother's. is that big enough??

should i close up my airbox with the 450 carb or will having it open be fine i will just need a bigger main? i have a k&n with outerwears so i dont use a lid.... just wondering
    04 TRX 450R HRC K&N HMF
    Pro Taper, Pro Armor Nerfs

04 416R FS
    WISECO 11:1 HOTCAMS ST2 K&N w/OW CRF HMF 450R CARB 450R F/S MOOSE RACING BUMPER, SKIDS, HANDGURARDS, GASKETS

01 YZ250 F sold
    ProTaper, FMF TI4, Excel

83 ATC 250R sold
    WISECO DG

Originally posted by 3or4HONDA
    should i close up my airbox with the 450 carb or will having it open be fine i will just need a bigger main? i have a k&n with outerwears so i dont use a lid.... just wondering
    No, if you can leave the airbox open. Yes you will need a bigger main and a bigger pilot jet.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast