Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: installed the 450R carb and WOW.....!!!

I forgot to ask you Tina... Why you didn't put this in our own 400ex forum........ YOu have the power woman..

also for me, check the clearance from the top of the carb to the gas tank. I run a clarke oversized tank and I don't think the carb is going to work with the MUCH larger tank....
    2001 Honda 416SS with a powerbong

Originally posted by Rico
    I forgot to ask you Tina... Why you didn't put this in our own 400ex forum........ YOu have the power woman..

also for me, check the clearance from the top of the carb to the gas tank. I run a clarke oversized tank and I don't think the carb is going to work with the MUCH larger tank....
    I guess I could ...... Make Ill copy the info over there
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Here are some pics I took...
    We need to attach a hose clamp to keep fuel from leaking, re are rejetting tonight so I can ride it tomorrow at the track that has the Payette Round for WORCS...Maybe Ill get some video of it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

there will be a hose clamp where that wire is .Troy said an Airbox will work, Il get more info in a few minutes on that

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Im done with riding in mud(if I can help it that is lol) I dont run threw creeks ect so no air box will be fine for my application for now, in the future I may invest in an afteramarket box.

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Choke is stil attached just cut back some....Im sure overtime we will make things look a little nicer on the set up as well...

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Rico~~ heres the clearance question you needed.....sorry for the blur.. let me know if its too hard to see and Ill try and get a better one

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

see and you didn't believe me
    ECPerformance 450R

E-mail: trx500ex@hotmail.com

well, so much for testing out my carb tomorrow.. I blew a head gasket while jetting.....It hasnt ran good during a race and had a weird noise, now we know what the other noise was..... Im not sure if its due to a bad jug or the Gasket ect.... We may go back and just put my 426 back on... I was REALLY looking forward to trying the 440 too...

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Originally posted by Rico
    How was fit and finish?? What did you have to do to get it to work.

Did I read it correctly that you DITCHED the airbox?? Meaning the filter is bolted directly to the carb??

Some say the 450R shocks are a must to put on a 400ex, even though the stroke is wrong, grinding has to be done, etc, etc.
    You could prol. come up with something, the intake boot was a little short and the air box on ours was pretty much already destroyed so no big loss on my end. You have to replace the fuel line and you have to hog out the intake boot. Thats about it ...!!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast