Thread: honda 350 fourtrax 1993

honda electrical

I have a 1993 honda 350 4x4 fourtrax.I can't find a manual for this quad.I can get one for the 300 but that doesn't help because I have a problem with my fuel pump and the 300 manual I seen
    doesn't show a pump (probably because it doesn't have a pump).
    The problem I'm having is my pump won't pump. When I turn the key the pump use to come on briefly to prime carb then as needed. Now it does nothing.If I put power directly to the pump it will pump. I can even start the quad. I changed the fuel pump relay but with no luck.I have power to the relay but nothing coming out. There is a black/yellow wire coming from the CDI and going to the coil and the pump relay and I'm not sure of it's use. Anyone with any help would be greatly appriecated.Yes I did check with my local honda dealer but he just wanted to argue about the fact that ther is no 350 in 93, my reply was that he had no problem selling me a fuel pump relay for one, so before I grease this goofs pockets with anymore money for parts I want to be on the right page.

Thumbs down

O.K guys and or girls! Thanks for all the great replies.I got the pump going.So I have gas to the carb and gas is to the spark plug as it is soaked with gas, I have spark as I pulled plug and tested against ground and I got spark. It smells like the quad is flooded as it barks once in awhile. I'm not doing anything different when I start it .

Thanks again

I didn't even know honda made a 350 4x4 in 93. The only ones I knew about were the ranchers and the 86-88 350 4x4's. I own an original 86 since new and she still runs like a champ. but anyways do you have some pics of this thing?

Thumbs down

400exrider707 Thanks for the reply it shows that people actually use this fourm.Anyways your not the only one who hasn't heard of this quad,most dealers don't even realize this is out there.Let me asure you that this is a 1993 Honda 350 4X4 fourtrax it says it on the plastic and the cheesey owners manual.I have the plastic off it now chasing this problem but when I get it together I will post a pic. It's lite blue with a straight axle front and rear, outside of this problem I have only had to replace the starter,this quad has been great. But because most dealers don't know or believe me I can't find a manual for it

Yeah I know about the 350 4x4, like I said we own an original 86 with the straight axles. Actually the thing is a tank. It goes places where our 04 rancher couldn't dream of. Funny thing out starter went too I do remember the blue ones, but that wasn't a color option in 86. Please do post some pics of that thing though. Also ours had a similar problem. We kept it in a heated garage so we could get it started but them it seemed to die after about 3 minutes of run time. It ended up being a bad battery, and it wouldn't get the fuel pump going and it died. I'm assuming you have a good battery though as you said you hooked the pump up directly and it worked. Im glad to hear you got the pump going. Try simple things like replacing the plug as it might look good but be fouled. Check to make sure your air filter is clean also.

<<Yes I did check with my local honda dealer but he just wanted to argue about the fact that ther is no 350 in 93>>

Should have handed him a piece of paper with the serial number of your quad on it at that point and told him to "look it up, sherlock"
    cd

OK boys here the score. When I checked the plug I pulled it from the motor and grounded to the block and seen spark. That was my problem. The next time I check my plug this is how I will do it. GO to my local parts store and buy a new plug then check it for spark, and when you have it put it in the motor.

Thanks for all the replies Junedog12