Thread: Harescramble in snow!

Harescramble in snow!

Ok I have only riden the predator in the snow a few time and I dont think it goes to well! I have a Harescramble race this coming Sunday and I want it to go a little better in the snow. What have you guys done to make yours go better in the snow. I saw in the rule book I can add studs (hex/ sloted sheet metal type screws). Does this realy help in the snow or is this more for ice? It is to get a little warmer this week and I think it is going to turn in to a big muddy mess! Any help would be geat!

Thanks
    That's RACIN!
    Todd
    Swain Racing
    My Sponsor House Profile
    GNCC
    6 Hours of ATV America IRON MAN Class
    12 Hours of ATV America 30+ Class
    District 6 Vet Class

2007 Sponsors - Teixeira Technologies, REKLUSE, Cardio Stack, Swain Racing, ELKA, BERRELL's FUEL OIL, Duncan Motorsports, ALL-PRO West, ODI Grips, CYCRA Racing, Tire Balls, Hiper Technology, Scott USA
    05 TRX450R

I'm pretty sure they will help as long as your tires are hitting the ground. The ground will be somewhat icy and your tires wont hook up as well as normal. Ive seen studs used on ice and you would be surprised how much traction you get. But if its muddy, I dont know that studs would help that much since you arent going to be on anything solid.
    03 Predator

Realtor tires and studs. You will do awesome. Thats all we ride with up here in NH and we have plenty of snow.

My friend who also has a pred says blackwaters work for him in less than ideal riding conditions-he swears there the best tires for going thru anything. Like previously mentioned the realators are good. I still have stock tires on my 04 and i dont go anywhere in mud, coal hill type sand, just get stuck alot, havent ridden in snow yet so sorry i cant help there. Sorry to go off topic but can i ask where is this harescrambler? I would really like to do these this year but have no idea where to find info--I see your from pa so I'd figure you may be able point me in a direction-Im,from pa-md area.

Originally posted by echomon
    I would really like to do these this year but have no idea where to find info--I see your from pa so I'd figure you may be able point me in a direction-Im,from pa-md area.
    check out the District 6 or 7 websites.

http://www.amadistrict7.com/
    #913 BK Performance XC 450R. . . LSR, Laeger, Hiper, Precision, Maxxis, PRM, HMF, Custom Axis, Clarke, Wiseco . . .

Thanks for the info on the tires guys!

echomon,
    The Harescramble is at a track called The Flying Dutchmen . It is located in Pine Grove, PA. Take 81 north to exit 100

Here are a few other links you may want to take a look at.

District 6 web page

harescrambleracing.com
    That's RACIN!
    Todd
    Swain Racing
    My Sponsor House Profile
    GNCC
    6 Hours of ATV America IRON MAN Class
    12 Hours of ATV America 30+ Class
    District 6 Vet Class

2007 Sponsors - Teixeira Technologies, REKLUSE, Cardio Stack, Swain Racing, ELKA, BERRELL's FUEL OIL, Duncan Motorsports, ALL-PRO West, ODI Grips, CYCRA Racing, Tire Balls, Hiper Technology, Scott USA
    05 TRX450R

looks like a pretty sick layout with that MX track in the middle