Thread: MX 400 questions

Hybrid View

MX 400 questions

I am looking for a quad to start racing mx. I ahve decided on a 400ex. What motor mods do you suggest to be able to keep up with the 450's, and still be reliable?? I need to run pump gas, but what bore size, porting, cam etc do yall suggest. Also, where can I get a stroker crank form??

thanks
    2000 Honda Foreman S
    26 inch Radial Outlaws
    High lifter lift kit
    K&N Air Filter
    Custom 2 inch intake snorkle
    DJ jet kit

I had the exact same questions, talk to C&D Racing, they took the time and answered all my questions. Check around the site, they come highly recommended.
    C&D Racing...
    03 416EX, Hipers w/ Holeshot HDs, FCR 39mm Carb, JE 10:8:1 (Ceramic Coated), Hot Cams Stage 2, Port, Polish, Ceramic Coated Head and Valves, Fassst Bars, Spider Grips, full HMF Exhaust, Cometic Gaskets, Elka Front Shocks, Elka Rear Valve kit, Scott's Steering Damper, Burgard Anti-Vibe Stem, PRM Bumper, Vortex CDI, Terry cable, K & N Filter, K & N Air Box Lid, Air Scoops, TRC lever, 14T Sprocket, Nerf bars, Scott's oil filter. Moose throttle
    2000 Polaris Scrambler 400 (2 Stroke)
    1965 Fastback Mustang
    2004 Z71 Burb
    Sea Doo XP
    Sea Doo GSX

I know there are answers to that question cause i asked them myself. Ill try to locate it for you.
    2005 450R Black
    AC Nerfs
    Rest stock for now

talk to gt thunder for the stroker. he is great and the prices are good.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

heres just a question but why buy a 400ex and dump loads of money into the motor when you can get a 450r and just put some aarms axle shocks and a pipe on it and be able to go race
    04 400ex red T-4 slip on k&n filter nerfs dg bumper kill switch works triple rate with rezzies burgard +2 aarms durablue +4 axle and razr mx on beadlocks

I will be buyin the 400 used. If i had the moeny, i would buy a 450. I will ahve to do all these mods over an extended period of time.
    2000 Honda Foreman S
    26 inch Radial Outlaws
    High lifter lift kit
    K&N Air Filter
    Custom 2 inch intake snorkle
    DJ jet kit

check CURTIS SPARKS, #1 engine builder. Here is a list of my Curtis Sparks modes for a 400ex- race cam, heavy duty cam chain, heavy duty valve srping kit,hard faced rocker arms, heavy duty clutch kit, 416 piston, & x-6 exhaust.

Originally posted by Fast350ex
    check CURTIS SPARKS, #1 engine builder. Here is a list of my Curtis Sparks modes for a 400ex- race cam, heavy duty cam chain, heavy duty valve srping kit,hard faced rocker arms, heavy duty clutch kit, 416 piston, & x-6 exhaust.
    The way sparks been lately,i wont be sending nething to him,he is taking forever,i say GTthunder all the way
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

Get your suspension before you do any motor mods. You can have all the motor in the world but if you can't put it to the ground what good is it. Get yourself a good set of aftermarket shocks and a-arms and an extended axle. get your stock rear shock rebuilt and you will be good to go.