Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GNCC in Sparta KY

GNCC in Sparta KY

Some freinds and I are looking to go to the race in Sparta this weekend. Any info would be appreciated. Can we camp at the track and how much is it. The only motel I could find reservations at was the Carrolton INN. Is that place OK or would I be better off camping.

Also, what is the track like? I hear it has a MX section in it. I am not too fond of those huge mx jumps. We do a lot of fast technical trailriding and that is what I kind of expected in cross country racing. Thanks in advance for any help.
    01 400 ex
    renthal handle bars
    renthal grips
    holeshot xc front and rear
    nacs parking brake block off kit
    www.wvtrailguides.org

Sparta has pretty good campgrounds. If you wanna get a good nights sleep I would stay in the hotel. If you wanna party all night camp out. The track got very dusty last year, it is also a very long course. There arent any jumps that are that big to be scared of. What class do you plan on racing?

I plan on racing in the first year racer class. My friends ran at morganton in the 4 stroke novice class and finished 22nd and 23rd out of 46. That was thier first race ever. Had they ran in fyr they would have finished a lot better. Is their any registering required for the campground or is it first come first serve? we should be in a big trailer that will read "Hatfield McCoy ATV Racing Team". Thanks for the info on the track.
    01 400 ex
    renthal handle bars
    renthal grips
    holeshot xc front and rear
    nacs parking brake block off kit
    www.wvtrailguides.org

The camping is first come first serve. I don't think there is a charge to camp, just the normal $10 gate fee.

Hey Adam, its a new track for Sparta this year. Its just down the road from the old track! Are you coming down on friday?

Whats up with Earlywines? We drove all the way up there sunday and it was canceled. The worst thing is we sat outside the house for about 15 minutes and no one came out to talk to us, finally a racer came over and told us it had ben canceled because of the rain (it was sunny out). I have never heard of a hare scramble race being canceled because of rain.
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

Jeff, We didnt even waste our time driving down there because we figured they would cancel the race due to all the previous rain. I dont think Chris(Earlywine) wants to get his track rutted up bad. Because that is one good part about racing there is the tracks are always in good shape. I wont be there Friday due to having to go to my Senior Prom. Ill make it down there at like 4 in the morning. Look me up Saturday morning. We will be in White Ford with a white 24" Box Trailer. Good Luck...

I guess I just figured no one would ever cancel a HS race do to mud. We went over to Big Rock and it was even a little dusty on some of the trails.

I here ya on the 4am thing, thats about the time I will be getting off work. I hope to catch a couple Z's before I head up there saturday morning. I'm going to walk the track on friday tho.

Good luck to you at the prom!!! Or should I say after the prom!
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

that sucks about Earlywines, I was planning on coming down last weekend but was having some electrical problems. I would have been P.O. if I had drove nearly 2 hours.

I am planning on racing in the 4 stroke novice class if I my quad is running ok, I think my problem was just the kill switch . How long does it take to get registered?

Early whine

Where is it located? I have asked before and did not receive any replies.
    2003 Predator, Hiper rims, Kenda tires, PRM protection, Renthal bars with Spider Grips, Fox TRS w/rezzies, much more to come.

1999 400 EX Hot cams stage , K&N filter, air box modw/outerwears, ,14 T front sprocket, Pro Circuit T-4, Works Triple rate w/o rezz, coustom made skid plate and a-arm gaurds. PRM bumper
    MSN: Braff1@bellsouth.net
    AIM: Braff51
    "QUAD HATERS SUCK"

"Don't make me put this 400 in Reverse to come back there and smack you"

Its in Maysville, KY.

Scott, what do you mean "How long does it take to get registered?"
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

I don't have an AMA card, so I am going to have to sign up when I get there. On the GNCC web site it says sign-up starts at 8am. I didn't know if there were going to be long lines that I would have to wait in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast