Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 WORCS Round #1 - Speedworld MX Park

I also ran into this group of Z400 fans that were out for a weekend of fun. Douggie Swanson, 2nd from the left, made the trip to Arizona from Alaska to race for the 1st time and ride in the dunes during a three week vacation from the cold temps up north.

The coolest part of the story is that he shipped his Z400 in his luggage to Arizona, which only cost him an extra $50.00 because of the weight, but of course,. he had to disassemble it and reassemble it once he arrived.

On the other hand, Jeff Taylor, far left, traveled less than 10 miles to the track because it was in hometown.

(left to Right)
    Jeff Taylor, Douggie Swason, Marshal (Zhvonte), John Baj
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

I showed up to the race with everything that I need to race expect an ATV, which was one very important item to leave at home. I just wasn't as clever as Douggie to pack one in my luggage.

Luckily, Jeff Taylor, was happy to lend me his Z400 to compete on Sunday after he raced in the C Class on Saturday, which provided me the oppurtunity to experience racing in the WORCS series first hand.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

I then headed over to the pro pits, and checked out Temecula Motorsports. The team Manager & Pro Racer, Mike Cafro, introduced me to each rider, and it was a pleasure talking with them.

(left to right)
    #686 Levi Marana
    #2 Josh Frederick
    #222 Cyle Chislock
    #5 Mike Cafro
    #56 Wade Wyman

Ofcourse, I stopped by to see ATV legend, Doug Eichner, at the Duncan Racing Pits. Doug has been involved in ATV Racing almost as long as I can remember, and even in his 40's he still can display the #1 Pro Plate, which is incredible.

It is actually amazing the amount of riders there were over the age of 35 this year that won Pro Championships in ATV or Motorcyles, which shows that age isn't always a bad thing because it comes with experience.

I took some time looking over Doug's 450R and I really liked the way he came up with gusseting the frame where the tubing is welded to the cast piece, which is a common spot for breakage on the 450R.

His Gusset helps spread the ride stress over all three components, and I thought it was an excellent design.

I also found #167 Sean Towle and #59 Bobby D. Taylor on Pro Row.

Ryan Q. Piplic made the long trip from Washington to race in all three of the Pro Classes. He signed up to race his W-tech in the Open Pro Class, and raced his Yamaha YFZ450 in the Pro Production and Pro Class

The W-Tec was the same machine that was on display at the Indy Show last February.

Mark Holz, Holz Racing, completely redesigned the rear linkage system for the LTZ400, and I have heard nothing but great things about it, and I hope to get a chance to test one in the future.

If you don't want to spend the money on an Exhaust System, then this might be your best alternative, which is a modified stock exhaust by Weller Racing.

Unlike back East, the laws in Arizona don't prevent people from lifting their vehicles and lifted trucks like this one was the norm.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast