Thread: front lowering kit

front lowering kit

Im wanting to lower my 400ex and i and i just got my rear lowered about an inch and i was wondering if any one had a front lowering kit and what they thought about them.

lowering kit

I got a Dura Blue. I like it went on great no snags, or missing parts. It did help the handling, I can run more preload now without it feeling tippy in the corners. I haven't done much in the way of jumps but so far so good.
    If your not living on the edge, your just taking up room.

what is a lowering kit and what does it all involve? also how much and can you MX race it?
    2005 450r
    AC bumper, pro taper atv mid bend bars pro armor nerfs G froce axle HMF slip on
    Wifes 2002 400ex
    11:1 wiseco old stage 2 hot cam, works triple rates with rezzies in front.

The Durablue lowering kit is a set of brackets that changes the location of the upper shock mount. If you move the shock mount up, the quad sits lower. They're about $100 new.

They are NOT recommended for jumping. You're probably safe with a few feet of air, or more if you have a very soft landing, but I wouldn't trust them to a full-on MX race. They are more geared towards flattrack racing, where you want to lower the center of gravity and increase stability, but you don't have any high-impact landings to deal with.

Durablue also makes a rear lowering kit. It's a different design, it works by changing some dimensions in the rear swingarm linkage (specifically, it replaced the dogbone), but the end result is much the same. It lowers the rear of the quad, not recommended for jumping or high-impact suspension travel (like major whoops).
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

lowering kit

I run fornt and rear kit from Dura Blue. I run mostly XC very few jumps. Helps a ton in the corners.
    If your not living on the edge, your just taking up room.

Re: front lowering kit

just get a arms

i dont have the money for a-arms but does a lowering kit afect the frame if u jump4-5 ft+
    Honda 400ex
    Herrmann, Galfer, LRD, Moose, PRM, Houser, Durablue, Emgo, Nacs, Dyno Jet, K&N, Spider, Holeshot, EBC, DG.....

98% of the teenage population does, will try or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% who has tried it, copy & paste this into your signature.

http://www.450r.net/vbb/showthread.p...3&page=1&pp=10

I would go with one of these kits before I did the dura blue. They look stronger to me.