Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are YFZ450/400ex hubs interchangable?

Are YFZ450/400ex hubs interchangable?

I want to use a spare set of beadlocks on my 400ex that are for my YFZ450. Can I mount the YFZ hubs on the 400ex axle? The axle is a Durablue X-33 axle. I'm worried that the splines arent the same on the axle and may damage it? Any help would be appreciated.

Why dont you just try and put the hub on and see if it fits? I seriously doubt it will though.

I thought the x-33s had special hubs but I could be wrong. I think you may have to order x-33 hubs in a yamaha pattern.

Good point I think the x-33's come with their own hubs

you are correct. I had to get new hubs with this axle. Gonna try the Yamaha hubs on there tonight. Hopefully they work!!!

I got the X-33 axle and I didn't have to get new hubs.
    Don't worry about what I ride, just worry about how fast your bike is.

GO LOONAFIDE RACE TEAM!!!!

let me correct myself...I had to get new hubs cause the splines were shot when they were putting the rear end back together.

what about for the stock axle or an aftermarket one that uses stock spindles. i heard that it will work, and makes it 2 inches wider in the rear, but i don't kow for sure.
    2005 YAMAHA YFZ450
    +2 HOUSER aarms and steering stem flag, Elka front shocks, LSR axle, Dr. D slip-on, cam mod, AC nerfs and bumper, pro-design kill switch, Pro-Taper bars, One Industries graphics kit, pro-design case saver, PEP chain roller relocator, ebrake blockoff, Zip-ty fuel screw, carbon fiber brake rezzy relocator, 400ex throttle, a lil pc'ing and polishing

rear shock rebuild soon

172main, 48pilot, 35 leak, 6th position on stock needle, 2.5 turns out, and a brown spark plug!!

I checked the hubs compatibility. The hub slid on pretty easy as though they would fit but there was a little bit of front to back movement on the splines. I think there was enough movement that it would eventually destroy the splines over time.

Ahhhhh that sucks. oh well, i guess i'll just have to save up for a RPM
    2005 YAMAHA YFZ450
    +2 HOUSER aarms and steering stem flag, Elka front shocks, LSR axle, Dr. D slip-on, cam mod, AC nerfs and bumper, pro-design kill switch, Pro-Taper bars, One Industries graphics kit, pro-design case saver, PEP chain roller relocator, ebrake blockoff, Zip-ty fuel screw, carbon fiber brake rezzy relocator, 400ex throttle, a lil pc'ing and polishing

rear shock rebuild soon

172main, 48pilot, 35 leak, 6th position on stock needle, 2.5 turns out, and a brown spark plug!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast