Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bore question

EnGiN KiT! which one is the best

i am going to be building a complet mx 400ex and i was wonderign which bore size would be best for mx racing. i want the best motocross engine avalible and also who would be able to build me the best motor i was thinking sparks or tc cause i had tc do my yfz and liked his work. i heard many different opinions and would like to hear from u gus cause you would know best. please tell me which would be the best.

some one please respond i need help on making this decision please i dont no much abotu 400ex's i have a yfz this is for my younger brother

416. Fast revving, more reliable. I would not recommend doing a 425, most of my friends that had them blew up. Who knows, maybe they didn't take good care of them, but if I was going to do anything I'd send it to Tom Carlson and tell him 416 with everything.

i heard the 416's were great for motocross to but howcome the 440 isnt better for motocross wouldnt it make make more power and wouldnt a 425 make more power to? i dunno im new to ex's

I hear a lot of people say that, but I think its cause most people dont properly build their 440's. It just doesnt make sense for a 416 to be faster than a 440. If you want ultimate reliability then do the smallest overbore possible and do a high compression piston to get the more power. If you do a cam and piston combo it will be a lot better than stock.

o ya and iwant something that is gonna hang with 450's on the track to so he can try and keep up lol

Originally posted by shutupnshift04
    o ya and iwant something that is gonna hang with 450's on the track to so he can try and keep up lol
    All I can say to that is: GT Thunder 452 stroker kit!
    00' 400EX - GT Thunder 450 stroker, custom JE 12.5:1 piston,
    +7mm stroked crank, HD stroker rod, HRC cam, GTT full race porting, +1mm intake valves, FCR 39 carb, CRF timing chain, Denso IXG27 iridium plug, full Hinson 8 plate clutch, Desert Toyz Supercooler w/ SPAL fan, UM airbox w/ UNI, CT Hi-Output exhaust, Roll LOBO II F/R, LT PEP 8 click ZPS piggyback fronts, PEP ZPS rear, YFZ brakes/450R master, CCP stabilizer, Hiper Tech beadlocks, Durablue X-33, TAG, Quadtech, ASV, AC, IMS, RAD, Works Connection, Galfer..

05' Kawasaki KLX 110 - Fast 50's springs F/R, HRC cradle, Rox risers, FLY fatbars, NGK CR6HIX iridium plug, Twin Air filter

alot of people go with the 416 because they rev so much damn faster then the other ones,i researched this,and i was going to go with a 460 LRD kit,but now im going with a JE 10.8 -1 compression piston,hotcams stage two,ported and polished head,lighten freewheel,fcr carb,and full HMF exhaust
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

The 440's and 426 ive had seem to pull out of the corners a lot harder than the 416's ive rode.

I know someone with a 400ex and he hasnt had any trouble with it or anything..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast