Thread: Oil Cooler

Oil Cooler

I've brought this up once before.....does anyone know of a larger Oil Cooler for an EX? I think it would have better cooling properties than a larger tank. Maybe I will have to engineer one myself....

It would be a hot seller if an aftermarket company decides to make one.

any thoughts.....?
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

i believe pingry makes one i think it holds like 4qts of oil..i could be wrong..i remember seeing it on www.400ex.com

you do want it for a 400 right?

let me know if i can be of any further assistance
    06 YFZ 450..all white... LRD pipe, jet kit, lid removed, cam mod

LT JB front end and Ohlins shocks coming before june.

The Pingry oil tank increases the oil capacity by one quart, so that raises the total oil quantity to 3 quarts. Also, since the oil plays a large a part, if not most, of the cooling of the 400EX motor, you will have slightly lower operating temps. I believe Pingry claims an overall temp drop of around 12 degrees. Not a whole lot for $275 bucks in my opinion.

There is a guy on the Yahoo 400EX group that has posted there as well as ATV Connection, who is making an aftermarket "oil cooler" for the 400EX. From what I understand he has connections to a company that makes custom aftermarket radiators and coolers, and the prototype will add 3-4 more vanes than the stock cooler, as well as be a clean "bolt-on" mod and not something that is crudely adapted to work on the 400EX. BTW, the last I heard from him the prototype is almost finished...no idea of what he will charge for the finished version.