Thread: Tired of 400EX Ignition on front plastic?

Tired of 400EX Ignition on front plastic?

Go to honda and buy the 05 handle bar plastic. You'll be able to relocate your ignition and neutral light onto your handle bars. You'll have an extra hole( reverse light ) but it makes reaching your key a lot easier. It only comes in black, and costs around $6.00. Part # 53204-HN1-A40ZA You will need to take a file or knife and open the hole a little bit since the 05 ignitions are a little smaller than previous years.
    2005 400EX
    1998 CR500

Or you could just buy the stock handlebar plastic for your 400ex like they came with from the factory and not file anything. Plus you could get it on ebay cheaper. Although it should have come with it.

or buy a 450r one thats exactly the same with out the reverse hole. but if your too lazy to move your hand an extra 5 inches, should you be riding?
    Jared-----
    2004 CRF 50
    2005 400ex

Or you can get an ARENS bar clamp like me! It holds the ignition and there is also a hole under where the kill switch is to mount the neutral light. You can't have both. I got mine off eBay for like $35. Awesome setup. Click on the link below to see.

https://secure9.nexternal.com/nacs/i...mpbw_Large.gif
    2003 Honda 400EX--- Lonestar +4 swingarm, AC Pro-Peg nerf bars, AC swing arm skid plate, Duncan Racing graphics & seat cover, 250R axle & brake. brake light mod, Crowley air scoops, Pingry oil tank, ASV clutch lever, Works Triples w/rezzies, K&N Filter, AC rear R grab bar, GT Thunder rear linkage. TAG bumper, Yellow w/red flame shock covers, 1 lever braking system, carbon fiber hood, exhaust sheild, rear brake cylinder guard.
    Burgard Beadlocks--Razor Tires
    ITP T9 Baja--Pure Sport Realtors
    Douglas .190--Skat Trak Gliders
    2005 Haulmark Snow Tow 8.5x18 Enclosed Trailer
    1983 Honda ATC 250R (project)
    2003 Honda XR50 ---SOLD
    2002 Honda 250EX (wifes)
    HANDY ATV Lift-- Awesome
    2004 Honda Metropolitan Scooter(wifes-YES spoiled!)
    1997 Honda 300EX---SOLD
    1988 Suzuki LT80---SOLD

All u have to do, Is take a 1" drill bit and cut a hole anywhere, Or in a peice of metal that u can clamp under your handle bar clamps.
    05 Gt Thunder Trx490r
    WHITEHORSE RACING
    RISSLER EXTEREME ATV
    PRM, AXE racing, FASST bars, GPR, IMS-Roll, DID chains, HRC, JT sprockets, GT Thunder link, Hipers, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Custom Axis, LSR (stem,arms swinger carrier hubs), Axecalliber axil, QuadTech, T&T Racing, Spider, UNI, Pivot works, mxprographx,

WHITEHORSE RACING Trx416ex
    Razor 2's 23"-22"s,IMS tank,Galfer Steal Brake Lines,Denton Stabilizer,Herrmann +1 swingarm,Herrmann Racing Seat latch,Hotcams Stage one,Port and polish,Dynojets,Wesico,Tag Bars,PRM Bumper,PRM Skids,Rad carriers,Spyder grips,All Balls,LRD Exhaust,Green Frame,Stock Red Front Plastic,Gray Maier Rear Plastics ,Elkas Shocks Up Front,STocker Rear Shock,Blown elka rear in the shop!

Knox Racing 1987 trx250r (under construction)

I was just saying that the stock handlebar plastic on the 99-04 models holds the ignition to which it didn't seem like he knew that.

Originally posted by 400exrider707
    I was just saying that the stock handlebar plastic on the 99-04 models holds the ignition to which it didn't seem like he knew that.

Are you trying to say that the 99-04 had the key in the handlebar plastic? Because if thats the case I have been starting mine all wrong! I think everyone else has to. I know I usually put my key in the plastics on top of the headlights. H**L I can probably get mine running now and ride it. Thanks for the tip!
    2003 Honda 400EX--- Lonestar +4 swingarm, AC Pro-Peg nerf bars, AC swing arm skid plate, Duncan Racing graphics & seat cover, 250R axle & brake. brake light mod, Crowley air scoops, Pingry oil tank, ASV clutch lever, Works Triples w/rezzies, K&N Filter, AC rear R grab bar, GT Thunder rear linkage. TAG bumper, Yellow w/red flame shock covers, 1 lever braking system, carbon fiber hood, exhaust sheild, rear brake cylinder guard.
    2003 Honda XR50 ---SOLD
    2002 Honda 250EX (wifes)
    HANDY ATV Lift-- Awesome
    1997 Honda 300EX---SOLD
    1988 Suzuki LT80---SOLD

Originally posted by Quadworks
    Or you can get an ARENS bar clamp like me! It holds the ignition and there is also a hole under where the kill switch is to mount the neutral light. You can't have both. I got mine off eBay for like $35. Awesome setup. Click on the link below to see.

https://secure9.nexternal.com/nacs/i...mpbw_Large.gif
    who else makes a bar clamp like urs that has the ignition hole

Thats the only type I have ever saw. Except for some homemade stuff. Its awesome except I wish it would have been for the big bars. Oh well, I will just have to buy it new when I am ready for the big bars.
    2003 Honda XR50 ---SOLD
    2002 Honda 250EX (wifes)
    HANDY ATV Lift-- Awesome
    1997 Honda 300EX---SOLD
    1988 Suzuki LT80---SOLD