Thread: What piston kit is best for my style riding?

What piston kit is best for my style riding?

I have a 200 400EX that i plan to race locally, but not as a career. I live in Alaska so when we are not at the track we do alot of woods riding. I have a stage 2 K&N jet kit and filter, Big Gun full race exhaust, and +2 Arms. I weigh about 235-240 so i am not alittle guy. It gets out of its own way pretty good right now, but i need more. Any assistance would be great.

if you like please send inputs to rntdfrd@yahoo.com

Thanks, Aaron

You will get different opinions on this from many people, but personally i like my 426. It has gobs of power and a lot of torque since i added my HMF pipe. Irode on a loca MX track and it seemed to do wuite well for my first time. i was doing most jumps in second gear with it. It has plent of power to come out of the corners and hit the jumps without shifting.
    2003 Warrior For Sale (PM for more info)
    1993 300ex - Being built

~Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

i agree with Jonesy, i love my 426. i race mx and i can hang with piped 450s. it has plenty of power. c&d did my work. you should give them a call.
    05' 450r with a few goodies

No point in wasting cylinder life. You could just do a standard bore high compression pistion. Something like a JE 10.8:1 with a stage 1 hotcam. This would give you some more oomph and still be really reliable while running on pump gas.

Originally posted by spiderrider04
    i agree with Jonesy, i love my 426. i race mx and i can hang with piped 450s. it has plenty of power. c&d did my work. you should give them a call.

how much was it for ur entire motor cam piston everything cause im looking to bore mine out to a 416 426 or a 440 but i need to no how much its gonna cost thanks
    04 400ex red T-4 slip on k&n filter nerfs dg bumper kill switch works triple rate with rezzies burgard +2 aarms durablue +4 axle and razr mx on beadlocks

Originally posted by 400exrider04
    how much was it for ur entire motor cam piston everything cause im looking to bore mine out to a 416 426 or a 440 but i need to no how much its gonna cost thanks
    it was between $600 and $700.
    05' 450r with a few goodies

I love my mods listed below i MX race and i have a buddy that has a 416 with same compression and cam as me but just no porting done to his motor and i beat his quad all the timein drags. the more CC's you have wont really go that much faster on top it has more to do with compression and the more gas you put in and the faster you can get it out.
    2005 450r
    AC bumper, pro taper atv mid bend bars pro armor nerfs G froce axle HMF slip on
    Wifes 2002 400ex
    11:1 wiseco old stage 2 hot cam, works triple rates with rezzies in front.