Thread: gearing for mx

gearing for mx

well i plan on racing next year and just last week i snaped a chain and broke some teeth off my sprockets. i want to regear it for mx what gearing would u suggest
    bike mods
    406 high comp piston
    hotcam stage 1
    removed airbox lid
    and maxxis razr 2 rears
    pro design kill
    tusk break rotor
    dg skid
    armadillo siwng arm guard

Re: gearing for mx

Originally posted by sam the brave
    well i plan on racing next year and just last week i snaped a chain and broke some teeth off my sprockets. i want to regear it for mx what gearing would u suggest
    bike mods
    406 high comp piston
    hotcam stage 1
    removed airbox lid
    and maxxis razr 2 rears
    pro design kill
    tusk break rotor
    dg skid
    armadillo siwng arm guard
    it depeneds usually mx is 18 rears n 19 or 20s up front but i see ur running razr 2s i dunt think thatd be agood idea for mx just my opinion
    2002 400ex
    Burgard,PEP,AC,K&N,White Bros,Pro Taper,Duncan,Maier,Cycra,ITP,Radial,RPM,Galfer,Pro Design,Scott
    SOLD

1988 250x
    Renthal,Acerbis,Tamers,Radials,Burgard,Douglas,+2a rms,Stream line,Uni,DMC,Duncan,Moose,Weisco, White Bros

i have rode on several tracks and they did not bother me at all
    the 18's dont give me the topend i want

I know you are asking for gearing, but if the 18" don't give you the top end then change your gearing from what you had to something that will give you more speed, bigger in front or smaller in back. 18" tires will get you lower so you will be able to run faster around the corners. Change your tires to 18" and experiment with the gearing.
    02 440ex, Cam, K&N, Sparks X-6, Red Hipers w/ Maxxis Razr MX Ft/Rr, Roll +3 LT a-arm, Elka Elite LT Ft, Elka Elite w/ LT linkage Rr, Carbon Fiber shock guards Ft, Carbon Fiber frame guards, LSR +4 axle, Leagers +1.25 Swingarm, RTC Levers, IMS Pegs w/ kickups, IMS Heal Guards, IMS Bumper, Nerfs, LSR double row Carrier, LSR stainless brake lines Ft/Rr, LSR E-Block off, Denton Stablizer, Tether, Renthal