Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Circuit T4 / Quiet Core insert?

Pro Circuit T4 / Quiet Core insert?

Anyone running a T4 slip on with the quiet core insert?

Did it make the pipe any quieter?

I love the look/fit/finish of the pipe, but it's just a tad loud for the area and I'd like to tone it down a bit...?

(I love the sound, neighbors don't.. and I don't really want to lose any of my already limited riding area)..

Thanks,
    Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

I was also interested in one and if it cut down the power at all.
    John

I have the T-4 slip on and love it. I was not aware of the quiet core insert. Mine has the large end piece with the spark arrestor. When I remove the spark arrstor I can definitley notice a little more power especially on the low end. The downside is the extra noise. Love the pipe and sound but it is on the loud side.

Quiet Core Insert

Leo

I have the quiet core insert for the T-4. I have only run it while riding in the yard though, so my testing is not all that extensive. It does take away much of the bark of this pipe. You notice it reduces more noise at higher rpms when you are on the gas than when you are just idling. It does reduce the power some, but still better than the stock system. I would say it is somewhere in between the stock silencer and the T-4 without the quiet core insert. I got the quiet core insert from Rocky Mountain for $30. I will try to post pictures tommorow. Essentially, it is just the spark arrestor cone with a metal plate in the middle to reduce exhaust and sound flow. If you were good with the welder, you could easily make your own. Hope this helps.
    2001 400ex, Pro Circuit T-4, AC Racing Pro Pegs, Renthal Bars, Trail tech speedo w/ billet mount, Pro Armor Skid plates

2003 Harley Davidson Fatboy - the perfect fusion of chrome and leather!!!

Magnum Photos

It does make it quieter? That's good to know.. I'd appreciate some pics if you have any..

Thanks,
    Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

OK, ordered the quiet core today and I'll keep everyone updated...

I'm also going to try and take some audio clips of the T4 with + without the quiet core, but I'm not sure how they will come out (I really doubt they will capture the 'thump' of the pipe)

Leo

Leo

Attached is a picture of the insert you ordered.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 400ex, Pro Circuit T-4, AC Racing Pro Pegs, Renthal Bars, Trail tech speedo w/ billet mount, Pro Armor Skid plates

Magnum Photos

Another pic of the side view. I am holding it up to the light to show the metal part inside. Please excuse the backdrop from my current construction project.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 400ex Magnum; 09-06-2001 at 07:52 PM.

Magnum Photos

Thanks

I hope it does the trick!

Leo

Wondering if you done the audio yet?? Did you get that quiet core insert in?? Just wondering if it quiet it down a bit..........

Andrew
    Thunder Racing 2 stroke engine builders

2003 Suzuki Z400
    1999 Yamaha R6, Too many mods to list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast