Thread: jetting for 400

jetting for 400

Ok right now I've got a FMF Ti-4 slip on and a K&N with no lid and Im running 40 pilot and 155main. Im now adding an 11:1 wiseco, Hotcam stage 1, grinding the welds on the stock header, and I switched the K&N for a UNI, but still open lid. I planned on switching to a 42 pilot anyways to help with the cold starts. What should I start with for a main. I was thinking like 160 for main. What do you guys think? I just need a ballpark for now and then I can do my own testing. Thanks
    (I would prefer you have the same mods or at least no someone with same mods rather than guessing)

Thanks guys

Also would that 42 pilot still be ok or should I go to like a 45? Thanks guys

42 or 45 should be fine, you will just have to fine tune the bike in using the fuel screw either way.

a 160 should be a good starting point.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

Thanks, any one else have an opinon? Thats prolly what Ill go with though.