Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best beadlocks?

Best beadlocks?

I'm looking to buy some new beadlocks for riding at my mx track. I am thinking of going with black together w/ 19x6x10 front tires and 18x11x9 rear tires. I am looking to reduce my number of flat rear tires from dirt getting in the sidewall. What have you had success with?

if thats all u do is perdy much do mx then get some 8" wheels instead of the 9's....wut i run is the douglas black label in a james lucky beadlock adn reinforcing ring...best and strongest of the buck...IMO...that or get some HiPers..kinda expensive though
    2002 400ex>>>>>>>>>John Deere Green PC Frame,Gussetted, Houser +2,+0, HMF, AC Racing Nerf Bar W/ D.C.R.P Kick-Ups, Wiseco 440, Ported & Polished, Elka Fronts, RPM Dominator Axle, RPM Anit-Fade, PRM Grab Bar & Bumper, UNI Air Filter No Lid Custom Airbox Tabs, Douglas Black Label Beadlocks w/ James Lucky Reinforcing Ring, MSR Raptor Shorty Perch And Lever, Motion Pro Clutch And Throttle Cable, R.A.D. Tapered Bearing Carrier, Tag Bars, O.D.I Lock Clamp Grips, L.S.R. P.B. Block-Off, DID X-Ring Chain, Pro Design Tether, Dirt Bike Starter Button, Removed Choked, YUASA Fire Power battery, Armor Tech Rev Box, Black Maier Race Fronts & Rear Fenders, Streamline Steel Braided Breaklines, Nacs Mud Caps, Mod Quad Breather Tube, Omf Seat Bracket, Moose Aluminum Case Saver, Shock Pros Shock Covers

Great Lakes Quad Series

Sponsors:
    www.artssnowmobileandatv.com
    *Tim Smith Construction
    *Turk's B.B.C. Tap & Grill

I got some hipers front and back, and I am happy with them. Most people also run 20" up front and like smith said 8" wheel in the rear for MX.
    02 440ex, Cam, K&N, Sparks X-6, Red Hipers w/ Maxxis Razr MX Ft/Rr, Roll +3 LT a-arm, Elka Elite LT Ft, Elka Elite w/ LT linkage Rr, Carbon Fiber shock guards Ft, Carbon Fiber frame guards, LSR +4 axle, Leagers +1.25 Swingarm, RTC Levers, IMS Pegs w/ kickups, IMS Heal Guards, IMS Bumper, Nerfs, LSR double row Carrier, LSR stainless brake lines Ft/Rr, LSR E-Block off, Denton Stablizer, Tether, Renthal

i get to pick up my 8 inche hipers tomarrow there the best if u can aford them imo....why is it so important to have 8 inche wheels for mx...so u dont bottom out as easy?

If you get 10" you will have more stability in the corners but your ride will be rougher. So 8" will give you more cushin for the hard landings. My digital camera can take 32 shots per second, so I had a friend take a pic. of me jumping and on the pic. of my landing with my suspension fully compressed my tires were almost compressed all the way to the rim, so the 8" will help with this by allowing more tire to be compressed.
    02 440ex, Cam, K&N, Sparks X-6, Red Hipers w/ Maxxis Razr MX Ft/Rr, Roll +3 LT a-arm, Elka Elite LT Ft, Elka Elite w/ LT linkage Rr, Carbon Fiber shock guards Ft, Carbon Fiber frame guards, LSR +4 axle, Leagers +1.25 Swingarm, RTC Levers, IMS Pegs w/ kickups, IMS Heal Guards, IMS Bumper, Nerfs, LSR double row Carrier, LSR stainless brake lines Ft/Rr, LSR E-Block off, Denton Stablizer, Tether, Renthal

I like the Champion and OMF Scalloped beadlocks..

Douglas shamrock or ultimates would be my 2nd choice...

Whatever you go with, forget about the 10in. rears for MX, the 8in. is MUCH better...
    I also reccomend you go with a 20in. front tire instead of the 19's...
    -Paul

**Full TC 426cc national kit (rebuilt, back in business)**

-13:1 JE piston, national port+polish, lightened flywheel, port matched carb boot, TC 924 MX cam, TC hi rev CDI, oversize head stud kit, CRF cam chain, Carrillo HD rod, Sparks X-6 exhaust, FST auxillary oil cooler, PEP shocks, Laeger's +3 A-arms, JB Racing +1.25 swingarm, LSR axle, RPM tapered carrier, blue Maier plastic, Quadtech hood, Nacs graphics, seat cover, case saver, bar clamps etc, Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, Arens stem, Pro Design Pro Flow kit w/K&N, Outerwears airbox, snorkel hole + filter covers, RAD locknut, PEP E-Z pull clutch lever, Steel Braided brake lines, Razr MX tires, Douglas rims, Pro Armor nerfs, AC bumper, Rath seat latch, Motion Pro cables, WB e-brake block off, DID X-ring chain, Sidewinder sprockets, probably some more Im forgetting...

R.I.P Kelly Chang

I'm just trying to keep the lowest center of gravity as possible. I have seen alot of people use the 20's on the front and I may also. I already have the 19's though and am probably going to buy a trx450r in the future. I am considering the fact that people say that the 450r has a bit of a light front end while jumping. Possibly if I keep the 19's on the front this may help a little. I probably will go with the 8's in the rear because of the better suspension factor but was considering 9's because of their better turning ability.

I just ride my own private track and never race competitively except for friends at my track. The track is built for quads and the landings are all perfect landings. Jumps range from 15 to 50 in lenght so far. Thanks for the input so far!

hiper tech. seems to recommend 18x11x10's which i already have and like except for the flat tires I get. i would like to get 10" rear beadlocks to match the tires I have but I want to reduce my flat tires.

Anymore thoughts on hiper 10" rear rims?

What do you mean by flat tire?

If you mean your tires are leaking around the bead because of dirt getting in there then bead locks will solve that.

If you are hitting stuff and cutting your side wall against the rim, then those 10" wheels are part of the problem.

You need to get some 8" wheels for MX. I don't think you will notice the difference between the 10 and 8 as far as turning goes.

Get some Maxxis Razr MX tires 20X10X6 for the front and 18X10X8 for the rear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast