Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 400 ex oil change

400 ex oil change

does anyone know how much oil a 400ex holds when changing the oil and filter i just bought this quad and dont have a manual for it and the dealer couldnt give me any info if anyone knows please tell me thanks chuck

First off warm up the motor before changing the oil. Drain it from the tank and from the crankcase. There are 2 locations to drain the oil from don't think the small oil tank is the only one. It holds 1.95 quarts.
    2001 Honda 416SS with a powerbong

oil change

ok thank you very much it means alot to me i called cycle world and they told me 4 quarts i didnt think that sounded right again thank you

Another thing to do is tilt the quad so that all the oil will drain out of the crankcase drain hole.
    06' 450R
    02' 400EX

Dont forget oil filter too.
    The little EX is gone, but not forgotten

'04 400EX. Shockwears Shock Covers, DG Nerfs, Parking brake block off, aftermarket clutch perch.

oil change

i changed it this past weekend including the filter i had to find the drain plug on the motor i am not used to it being on the side of the motor but thanks everyone for all your help

hey shukie.. cycleworld is a bunch of rejects.. you want a good place.. go up 40 a little more to rossville blvd make a right on rossville and a left onto citation road.. youll see a sign on your right that says DIRT FIRST those guys in there are TOP NOTCH ask for andy and tellum jesse the 3 wheeler nut sent you there

Jesse

yeah it takes 1.95 whenh you cange the oil it says in the manual when i cah nged mine it trook a little ova 2 quarts i was pissed i had to ride back to the shop and a get anther quart read the dip stiock when u put it in just dont go by th book
    2004 400ex red
    DG a arm skids
    DG body skid
    DG swingarm skid
    DG frame guards
    DG nerfs
    UM air scoops
    Parking brake blocked off
    billet case saver
    Moose handle bars

oil change

i noticed that when i did change the oil it took just over 2 qts also i know andy very well i have been dealing with him for years and i am not going in cycle world anymore that are a bunch of you know what

where do you guys refill the oil? do you have to painstakingly put it in the tank? it just looks like a pain...

Kelly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast