Thread: Went to the Xtreme Indoor Ice Racing Event Last night

Went to the Xtreme Indoor Ice Racing Event Last night

You know I have never understood all the rules involved in oval track racing. But I was impressed with the effort the promotors put into it. It was an AMA sanctioned event. And the crowd was bigger than I expected. For the $10 admission I would suggest it as a night out for anyone.

There were about 10 quads and 10 bikes. Some internationl guys that toured with the group. The rest were invited locals. I eneded up see a bunch of guys I knew.

Some of the quads looked fantastic. Others were ragged and you tell tehy raced them all the time. But they were also some of the quicker riders.

One thing I was a surprised with was the elimination of classes. One guy had an 1100cc Harley engine in what looked like a 400ex frame. It dominated against stock machines. But I would think so! It was heaveir and had twice the power. As long as he hooked up there was no beating him. It was odd. The non-racing crowd was all over though. Kinda funny really.

No major wrecks although I can see where they might have them if they got slammed into the walls. But mostly they just laid down and slid.
    ATV Exposed Magazine
    www.atvexposed.com

Was this the ICE Speedway series??? Did ya see a gal named Chandra Swain in the Pro class if so?? She's great, I race w/ her locally on the dirt
    Back to the ol' Kodiak 4x4 but at least it's a quad!
    00' 426ex
    04' YFZ450
    05' Kasea 70

Better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime!

No ladies at all!!!!
    ATV Exposed Magazine
    www.atvexposed.com

was there a dude there with a black 250R that went by the name "flying phil"?
    *CLARKFAB ENGINEERING*
    atv chassis repair and frame straightening
    ***I BUY BENT/BROKE FRAMES****

*I MAKE TT/FLATTRACK CHASSIS COMPONENTS*

04 kfx 400*always looking for parts*

There was a flying somebody. But it has been too long to remember.
    ATV Exposed Magazine
    www.atvexposed.com

Originally posted by dirtmomma
    Was this the ICE Speedway series??? Did ya see a gal named Chandra Swain in the Pro class if so?? She's great, I race w/ her locally on the dirt
    Have you heard how well shes doing Ice racing this year??? Does she MX race as well in the summer?
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging