Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kickstart 400ex

kickstart 400ex

ive alwys knew this was a myth.. but i thought id put it to rest.. is it possible.. is there a kit..i mean it sounds impossible
    {CAATV #9}YZ426 HyBrId
    lonestar,TC racing, Hetrick Racing,PEP,Laegers,works,Burgard, Ac racing, Maier, Middle of Nowhere Productions

I always wanted to do it. You would need the xr400 side cover and all the shaft and gear that are use for the kickstart. some poeple say the kicker would hit the frame since it would be a reverse kick. but it could be modified.
    ECPerformance 450R

E-mail: trx500ex@hotmail.com

why

why would you wanna, i love my button and i used to be a dirtbike guy. You woudld have to find a kick starter off a diff bike to fit and then hack off ur fenders or part of it. if you could keep both i understand but...its either one or the other.....
    Jared-----
    2004 CRF 50
    2005 400ex

just as a backup
    ECPerformance 450R

ive always read that if you do it then you have to take off the e start too......thats why i said one or the other.....so if im right ( i could be mistaken) then the kick would be primary and bump starting would be back up
    Jared-----
    2004 CRF 50
    2005 400ex

why would you have to take it out??? the e start
    ECPerformance 450R

so i mean it sounds like this could be done.. what all would have to be done.. is the xr400 a kick?
    {CAATV #9}YZ426 HyBrId
    lonestar,TC racing, Hetrick Racing,PEP,Laegers,works,Burgard, Ac racing, Maier, Middle of Nowhere Productions

yes it is. you can probably just bolt on the side from the xr and you would have a kick start. I think
    ECPerformance 450R

XR KICKSTART

My bad I deleted it because I was thinking about my friends xr 500.
    2005 Honda 450 r (powder coated white)Venom ported head,13:8:1 piston,Keihin crf fcr 41 mm, with Tokyo mods acessaries, Legacy Viper +2 a-arms, Laeger rear axle,Janseen anti fade, blingstar nerf bars and rear grab bar & reservoir & throttle covers,Janssen case saver,driven typhoon wave rear brake rotor,Hellbound racing parking brake block off plate,Lonestar racing steering stem clamp,renthal handlebars, East coast atv billet bearing carrier,steel braided brake lines,magura hydraulic clutch,ITP rims,holeshot 20 x 6 x 10 (front)holeshot 19 x 10 x 9 mxr4 (rear)lonestar billet brake line clamps,sunstar sprocket (rear)works piggyback front shocks,more to follow

so how does the xr get it's oil??? is it wet sump?

And when you buy a hinson clutch cover I taugh they just took the xr cover and plug the hole for the kickstart. and then add there own clutch kick release cover?? But I could be wrong
    ECPerformance 450R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast