Thread: jetting with High compression pistion and stage 2 hot cam?

jetting with High compression pistion and stage 2 hot cam?

I am haveing my motor done this week and was woundering if my jetting would be pretty close to what it is now with the mods i have listed below. i am having a wiseco 11:1 stock bore piston put in with a stage 2 hot cam right now i have 155 main jet and 40 pilot. do you think maybe i should go to a 42 pilot? I know right now it starts very hard inthe winter.
    2005 450r
    AC bumper, pro taper atv mid bend bars pro armor nerfs G froce axle HMF slip on
    Wifes 2002 400ex
    11:1 wiseco old stage 2 hot cam, works triple rates with rezzies in front.

Do you get more power with same bore with a wiseco piston
    2002 400ex
    Lonestar Parking brake block off
    K&N Airfilter w/outer wear
    K&N Oil Filter
    Renthal Bars,Renthal Grips
    PRM .125 A-ARM and Full Chasis Skids
    PRM .190 Swing arm Skid
    ITP Holeshot 6 PLY XCR'S
    Woody Graphics
    Throttle Jockey seat cover
    Big Gun CDI
    NGK plug
    HMF Full Exhaust
    DynoJet Jet Kit
    RPM twin row carrier
    White Brothers Schock Wears
    Ride Red or Dont Ride!

Originally posted by 397ccEX
    Do you get more power with same bore with a wiseco piston
    It should give you more power, as long as it is a higher compression than stock, which is 9.2 to 1.
    2007 yfz450 -- black Maier fenders, Oury grips, CFM aluminum air box without the lid, 250r K & N air filter, Curtis Sparks X-6 full exhaust, cam mod, IMS-Roll Intimidator MX bumper, AC Racing Blackline Pro-peg nerf bars, Hiper beadlocks, Kenda Claw XCR tires

2001 400ex -- black Maier fenders, JE 10.5 to 1 std bore piston, Hotcam old Stage 2, FCR 39mm carb, port and polished head, valve job, White Brothers Pro Meg full exhaust, K & N air filter, no air box lid, Big Gun rev box, race cut front fenders, OMF air scoops, PRM swing arm skid plate, Tag X5 handlebars, Oury grips, 15/38 gearing, Kenda Claw XCR tires, Barnett Dirt Digger clutch, yfz450 front shocks

with the air box lid on in the winter, i run around a keihin 160 or so. i would run a 42 or 45 pilot jet. if it is hard to start, try pumping the gas a few times before you hit the start button.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."