Thread: Header mod, and silencer

Header mod, and silencer

Alright, I got my 400 a couple weeks ago and I am already gonna start putting money into it. I eard most pipes only add 2-3 horsepower, so I ordered a White bros E series silencer. Do I need to rejet? And I have been hearing about this header mod, can anyone explain to me how to do this, and will i need to rejet after that?!! Thanks alot to anyone that helps. Sorry for the long post.

L8r,
    Eddie

If you're mechanically inclined, everything you've described shouldn't present a problem. For the header mods, I recommend doing a search, this question has been brought up frequently recently. The header mods won't require jetting changes, stock or modded.

If you don't remove the airbox lid, or cut holes in it, jetting probably won't be necessary. Otherwise it will.

Hope this helps.

BTW--What elevation are you at?
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

Re: Header mod, and silencer

Originally posted by Hardass400
    Alright, I got my 400 a couple weeks ago and I am already gonna start putting money into it. I eard most pipes only add 2-3 horsepower, so I ordered a White bros E series silencer. Do I need to rejet? And I have been hearing about this header mod, can anyone explain to me how to do this, and will i need to rejet after that?!! Thanks alot to anyone that helps. Sorry for the long post.

L8r,
    Eddie
    really u eard that. I eard things all the time!

hahahaha
    2006 TRX450er