Thread: oil cooler

oil cooler

does any know of any good after market oil coolers?

for which machine?
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

I run an FST external oil cooler and absolutely LOVE and reccomend it! It taps into your clutch cover and rocker cover and feeds cooled oil directly into your head. I did some other mods, like add a vented quadtech hood, scoops, use synthetic oil, and run a cooler plug now, but I have seen a 50 degree or better difference in my oil temperatures. I have a temp. guage on my oil dipstick (thanks C+D), so thats not an estimated value, it really works!

Do a search for FST* cooler. Be sure to add the star after FST since it wont let you search anything under 4 letters. Youll find a multitude of information on this subject....
    -Paul

**Full TC 426cc national kit (rebuilt, back in business)**

-13:1 JE piston, national port+polish, lightened flywheel, port matched carb boot, TC 924 MX cam, TC hi rev CDI, oversize head stud kit, CRF cam chain, Carrillo HD rod, Sparks X-6 exhaust, FST auxillary oil cooler, PEP shocks, Laeger's +3 A-arms, JB Racing +1.25 swingarm, LSR axle, RPM tapered carrier, blue Maier plastic, Quadtech hood, Nacs graphics, seat cover, case saver, bar clamps etc, Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, Arens stem, Pro Design Pro Flow kit w/K&N, Outerwears airbox, snorkel hole + filter covers, RAD locknut, PEP E-Z pull clutch lever, Steel Braided brake lines, Razr MX tires, Douglas rims, Pro Armor nerfs, AC bumper, Rath seat latch, Motion Pro cables, WB e-brake block off, DID X-ring chain, Sidewinder sprockets, probably some more Im forgetting...

R.I.P Kelly Chang

a friend of mine ripped a trans cooler of an old car in the junkyard and used that

I have a neutral opinion on that cooler that taps your valve cover and clutch cover case. I'm sure it cools good, but thats a lot of labor involved to make it work and I'm not sure if you'd save any money over something like the ACE cooler/tank by the time it all said and done.

I've been running the ACE cooler/tank for a year and it runs and runs and runs and I have had no heat related problems at all. I do use synthetic oil as well. I also run VP U4 fuel, and the combination seems to keep her cooler than stock.

The nice thing about the ACE tank/cooler is that it is plug and play - no machining of the valve cover or clutch cover case.
    '01 Honda 460EX with Nitrous
    '94 Ford F-250 4X4
    Extreme Quads Network

i have an FST cooler on my 300 and there was no machining or anything needed to put it on...

all you have to do is cut the oil line just about in half, mend each half into whatever postition you want, connect hoses to each open oil line, run those hoses to the cooler, and your done...

extremely simple and effective... you can really tell it runs a lot cooler
    96 300ex- about all the speed mods. 14t/33t. wiseco .060 11:1 comp, stage 3 WEB cam, heavy duty valve springs, black diamond valves, mikuni 38mm flateslide carb, port/polished head, barnett clutch & springs, k&n filters, curtis sparks exhaust... FST oil cooler... aftermarket rims tires bumpers bars... nerfs kill switch skid ceet graphics... A LOT of other things...
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y140/frosti108/eddies%2087%20b2k%20and%2096%20300ex/